eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

Tampa Bay Rays

Falling apart, 5 losses in a row... What the heck. Tough keeping up with the Big Boys(Yankees). Oh, well. It was fun to be in the hunt for a little while. Hopefully, no more no-hitters thru 8 innings in the near future. It does not help the cause...
    Points Awarded:

Wulfman14 gave eberetta1 45 SBR Point(s) for this post.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

They just won today

pittmatt80
    pittmatt80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Yeah I actually took them today Run Line and was pretty happy. I figured they would rebound against Detroit after losing 5 in a row and having Price on the mound. Looking for a sweep in this series, but the over will probably hit every game. Good Luck

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Toronto has been tough on the Yankees and Rays.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Err.... Yanks lost today, Rays won. And by the way after playing 111 games they have exactly a 1.5 game lead against the lowly Rays. That after Tampa's recent 5 game skid. If not for that they have the best record in baseball. Otherwise sharp post Eberetta, sounds like you know your baseball, is your husband this smart too?

BTW I called this before the season started when everyone told me the big boys (Boston and Yanks) were way too talented for the Rays to even be in the race. When you have 5 talented starters that give you a real chance to win every day of the season you are going to win a lot of games.

I don't know what is scarier, that their starters are 23, 23, 24, 26, and 27 years old - or the fact they have two arms in the minors (one pitching today) that might have better stuff than most the other starters. That's what happens when you have great scouting and talent in the front office, you don't need to buy a team to compete.

The present is great, the future is even better. 'Nuff said.

Foghorn
    Foghorn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

I agree McIrish, but TB does not have a history of re-signing their better players when they are eligible for free agency, or they trade them away before they become free agents. I like how they draft but disappointed in their ability to retain their good players.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Fog - no doubt they are a small market/small budget team, that's what makes it even more impressive. BTW did you see the guy I referenced above up off the farm pitching today? A 4 hit shut-out for the Rays.

BTW I'm not saying they will win the series, they have more a deep and balanced starting staff through out all their starters rather than just having 2-3 superstuds in the rotation. That deep and consistant set-up is not always beneficial for the playoffs. That said though this kind of rotation wins you a ton of games throughout the regular season, that's why I played them OVER for the year.