dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39765

Are the Seattle Mariners the most pathetic offense you seen in baseball?

Yes i know their home field is a pitcher's park. However, i don't think i ever seen a team's offense this pathetic since the Padres about 2-3 years ago where their offense was just hopeless. I rarely ever see them even put up 4 runs much. Every game its 1 or 2 runs and maybe 3 if they are lucky. Even the Pittsburgh Pirates who is a young and horrible team hit better and can have a few games where they score a bunch of runs.

Can someone explain why this team is so bad offensively? Their only threat seems to be Ichiro and he is the only player that can get on base but he cannot drive RBI's because he is the leadoff hitter and of course nobody on the mariners can get on base. Then you got guys like chone figgins who doesn't do anything much and i see he is hitting .249 and the rest of the lineup look like complete scrubs and no names. I checked the website and apparently Figgins .249 batting average is TIED FOR THE 2ND BEST in the Mariners team with this guy named Russell Branyan. I mean .249 batting average and thats the 2nd best batting average on the team? I just checked the Rangers lineup and besides Bengie Molina who hits .210, their 8th worst hitter on the lineup bats .260. Yes the Rangers are a great offensive team but you have texas 2nd worst hitter in terms of batting average in the lineup and he is better than the Mariners 2nd best batting average hitter is just pathetic.

I thought anyone that hits under .250 would get sent to the bench or triple A. How can everyone on this entire team hit below .250 besides Ichiro? I would have expected at least 3 players that hit .270 even with how pathetic the Mariners are.

Can someone explain how this team is so bad offensively?

A's Fan
    A's Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

yes.

bostnboy3
    bostnboy3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The past few years, the Mariners have devoted their resources to acquiring the best defensive players and pitchers they could, at the expense of hitting. The most expensive players to sign are power hitters, so their philosophy is that as a "mid-major" team financially, they would instead devote their resources to acquiring the best defensive players and pitchers they could. In that sense, they succeeded because they have the best defensive team in baseball, based on UZR.

The problem is that their philosophy was flawed because you can't win consistently when you can only score 2-3 runs a game. It puts too much pressure on your pitching and defense to be perfect. Even giving up 3 runs in a game might be too hard to overcome when you are that inept offensively.

pdx107
    pdx107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1816

yeah pretty much, I love them but god they are hard to watch

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, Yes they are

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Yes i know their home field is a pitcher's park. However, i don't think i ever seen a team's offense this pathetic since the Padres about 2-3 years ago where their offense was just hopeless. I rarely ever see them even put up 4 runs much. Every game its 1 or 2 runs and maybe 3 if they are lucky. Even the Pittsburgh Pirates who is a young and horrible team hit better and can have a few games where they score a bunch of runs.

Can someone explain why this team is so bad offensively? Their only threat seems to be Ichiro and he is the only player that can get on base but he cannot drive RBI's because he is the leadoff hitter and of course nobody on the mariners can get on base. Then you got guys like chone figgins who doesn't do anything much and i see he is hitting .249 and the rest of the lineup look like complete scrubs and no names. I checked the website and apparently Figgins .249 batting average is TIED FOR THE 2ND BEST in the Mariners team with this guy named Russell Branyan. I mean .249 batting average and thats the 2nd best batting average on the team? I just checked the Rangers lineup and besides Bengie Molina who hits .210, their 8th worst hitter on the lineup bats .260. Yes the Rangers are a great offensive team but you have texas 2nd worst hitter in terms of batting average in the lineup and he is better than the Mariners 2nd best batting average hitter is just pathetic.

I thought anyone that hits under .250 would get sent to the bench or triple A. How can everyone on this entire team hit below .250 besides Ichiro? I would have expected at least 3 players that hit .270 even with how pathetic the Mariners are.

Can someone explain how this team is so bad offensively?

Yeah Seattle is pretty bad. They play like they gave up around May.

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

One of the worst team to watch. They are boring. I actually sat and watch their game last night. How pathetic