sketch80823
    sketch80823's Avatar Become A Pro!

what is a good play for tomorrow morning

was thinking minnesota and detroit need some advice

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

I would do whatever I could to bet against Seattle. Seattle has a lot of turmoil right now and even with Felix on the mound they are going to struggle to score runs (especially after scoring so many tonight). Texas as an underdog against a BAD Seattle team is the play.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

I like Minny and Detriot as well.......i just wish Mauer was catching instead of being the DH so Thome could DH instead but idk...alot of people prob think the Rays will win after losing lastnight

hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sketch80823 View Post
    was thinking minnesota and detroit need some advice
    I like Minnesota/Tampa over 9 runs. Rays pitcher Wade Davis has really pitched well in his last 4 starts. THe rays did not allow more than 2 runs in any of those starts. Davis pitched against the twins on July 3rd and the rays won 8-6. Davis allowed 4 runs in 4 1/3 innings. Davis did not make it to the 5th inning. Davis in his last start vs the yankees allowed only 2 runs in 7 innings but threw 115 pitches. WIth the extra inning game last night, the pressure is on davis to have another good outing. The twins are goin to score runs against davis and the tired rays bullpen. The rays are without their setup man, Grant Balfour who is out for 4-6 weeks. Twins pitcher slowey is coming off his best game of the season as he pitched 8 shoutout innings. SLowey has pitched only once against the rays and was roughed up for 9 hits and 5 runs in just 4 1/3 innings. Slowey does not pitch well in day games. THis season, SLowey is 3-3 with 5.57 era. SLowey has given up 10 hr in just 42 innings of day games while only giving up 6 hr in 77 innings of night games. SLowey's career numbers are not great in day games. SLowey is 9-10 in his career in day games with 5.87 era while he is 27-10 in night games with 3.70 era. SLowey has given up 35 homeruns in 142 innings of day games (career). With the extra innings last night, the pressure is on slowey to have another quality outing.

THe tigers have max scherzer pitching against a tired veteran freddy garcia. Garcia has not pitched that well in his last 3 starts. IN 13.1 innings over his 3 starts, garcia has allowed 24 hits and 11 runs. I think Freddy is getting tired at this point of the season. I like the youngster Sherzer and the whitesox have faced him only once (In 7.1 innings, Scherzer allowed only 3 runs and the tigers lost 3-0). Max has pitched very well at home. In his last 4 starts at home vs Texas, Balt, Seattle and Arizona , max has pitched 29 innings and has allowed only 13 hits and 4 runs. Max Scherzer is probably the best pitcher that the tigers have on their roster. My plays for this game are Tigers (ML, -140) and the tigers team total over 4.5 runs.