wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, yesterday was awful day and not only in the world of baseball. I went 0-2 on my posted picks and went 3-3 all day. San Francisco looked terrible and could not hit Annibel Sanchez who had his stuff yesterday. The other game was the Braves and there is no way this team wins th east. They are not that good and now that their pitching has went down, they are in trouble. I would be suprised if they even finish second in the National League East. Now on to even the worse news, my wifes mother has passed away late last night and we now have to go out of the country for about a week and half to two weeks. This was very unexpected and very disrupting to us, but we have to go. I wasn't very close to her, but I have to go in support. My brother will be staying here to take care of our greyhound and will still be blogging for me on this site (need the points ) so please be gentle on him as he at times can be a good capper, but gets carried away and loves runlines. Ok on to todays games.

Philadelphia Phillies -1.5 (-110) over the Washington Nationals
    Ok, I will jump on the bandwagon on this one. I really like Oswalt in this spot and I am sure there are stats to support Washington here, because of a pitchers first start with a team, but the way the Phillies are playing I like this play. Roy Oswalt this year had the seventh best era on the road at 2.61, but only recieved 10 runs of support and likely will get a lot more of that now with the Phillies. Phillies have won 8 in a row and Oswalt is 1-0 with a 2.14 era in his on start in Washington this year. Chris Stammen has not had a good season for the Nationals. He is 2-5 with a 5.50 era. Stammen has twice this year pitched against the Nationals giving up 11 runs over 6 innings of work. Worth and Polonco have destroyed him going 7-8 with 5 doubles. This looks like a good spot for a 6-0 win. I really like this game.
    New York Mets -127 over the Arizona Diamonbacks
    I still am trying to figure out this team. They can be really good with their pitching at times and then its like they don't bring their bats to the game. They really could use Jason Bay back in their lineup who has missed last few games with cocussion like symptons. I am not going lie I don't like Pelfry as much as I use to in the beginning of the season. He is still 10-5 with a 4.00 era, but is 0-3 with a 11.00 era in his last 4 starts. In eight of his last nine starts he has given up a run in the first inning and that seems to be his problem. He needs to get out of that inning without giving up anything. He will be facing a struggling Arizona team who just got swept by the Phillies. Ian Kennedy takes the mound who is 5-8 with a 4.10 era this season. He has not fared well on the road 0-4 with a 5.25 and Arizona has lost all 6 of those starts. I like the Mets at home here and this is a crucial step in their season. They need to swept or at least take 2-3 here to try to make a run at the wild card. I don't see anyone catching the Phillies now with that 1-2 punch.

Good luck guys and I will see you in a couple weeks. Please be gentle to him

superman613
    superman613's Avatar Become A Pro!

like the phillies also today...GL

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14344

Nice write-ups gl