No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Must've been out of my mind to waste my time with 3 West Coast games

Sure I hit the Giants as a dog for a nice chunk, but the Angels and Pads scored a grand total of 2 runs between them. I thought I could get cute and go for a home-team sweep in the late night hours; instead, I end up down a little for the day because of it.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Went 7-2, but -x cuz I went for the grand slam on the Padres.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Went 7-2, but -x cuz I went for the grand slam on the Padres.
    I was in great shape before 10 p.m.

Nothing worse than watching two shitty West Coast offenses play like they're in a stadium with 700-foot dimensions down the line. Nice effort by the Halos and Pads against two typically-fadeable fat f\*\*k pitchers.

I thought the Giants offense was sub-par -- man, when the Pads get down 2-0, it might as well be 20-0.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Nah pal, the Pads have the most heart of any team, just didn't work out today.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Nah pal, the Pads have the most heart of any team, just didn't work out today.
    They have heart, but they hit at home like they're in the goddam Grand Canyon. Really, getting nothing off of late-July Billingsley? Come on. And the Angels are just as bad, letting blubber butt Lackey shut them down.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I tell you what, too -- that decision to walk fvcking Russell Martin was one of the dumbest I've seen this season. And then to let Garland pitch to Ethier, and then take him out? WTF?

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I was in great shape before 10 p.m.

Nothing worse than watching two shitty West Coast offenses play like they're in a stadium with 700-foot dimensions down the line. Nice effort by the Halos and Pads against two typically-fadeable fat f\*\*k pitchers.

I thought the Giants offense was sub-par -- man, when the Pads get down 2-0, it might as well be 20-0.
    Wow, big surprise. You're whining again. Give me a break. The Padres are the biggest overachievers in all of baseball. They encapsulate the heart of their manager Bud Black. Just didn't happen tonight. You should have known not to go against Billingsgly in his best form of the year. Look inward, stop the incessant complaining.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Wow, big surprise. You're whining again. Give me a break. The Padres are the biggest overachievers in all of baseball. They encapsulate the heart of their manager Bud Black. Just didn't happen tonight. You should have known not to go against Billingsgly in his best form of the year. Look inward, stop the incessant complaining.
    "Best form of the year"? Before his last start, Chubby had given up 11 runs in his last 11 IP. His ERA was 4.22 coming into tonight's game. He is notorious for hitting a wall about this time every season, because he needs to drop 20 pounds. If that's his "best form of the year," I'll continue to fade his overrated ass.

tatddy

"Best form of the year"? Before his last start, Chubby had given up 11 runs in his last 11 IP. His ERA was 4.22 coming into tonight's game. He is notorious for hitting a wall about this time every season, because he needs to drop 20 pounds. If that's his "best form of the year," I'll continue to fade his overrated ass.
    But what about his last start? And how about him dominating the Padres in San Diego earlier this year? And what about his 4-2 record 2.43 era 1.03whip .199 baa career at Petco park? There were reasons to stay way. You chose not to.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

But what about his last start? And how about him dominating the Padres in San Diego earlier this year? And what about his 4-2 record 2.43 era 1.03whip .199 baa career at Petco park? There were reasons to stay way. You chose not to.
    There were reasons to take either team tonight. Only difference in the game was Black's asinine decision to intentionally walk Martin -- a .240 hitter -- assuming (stupidly) that Bills would be hitting for himself when you have a guy batting .400 in his career against the pitcher on your bench.

tatddy

There were reasons to take either team tonight. Only difference in the game was Black's asinine decision to intentionally walk Martin -- a .240 hitter -- assuming (stupidly) that Bills would be hitting for himself when you have a guy batting .400 in his career against the pitcher on your bench.
    I agree. I could have made a case for either team. That's why I stayed away. Thought about the under but couldn't confidently back Garland. Hope you had some big wins tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I agree. I could have made a case for either team. That's why I stayed away. Thought about the under but couldn't confidently back Garland. Hope you had some big wins tonight.
    My leans were much better than my plays. I try to be "more selective" and it actually gets me in trouble. Go figure.

tatddy

My leans were much better than my plays. I try to be "more selective" and it actually gets me in trouble. Go figure.
    Paralysis by analysis. Trust your instincts, you know your shyte. Bet that under in KC tomorrow.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Paralysis by analysis. Trust your instincts, you know your shyte. Bet that under in KC tomorrow.
    I will mush it if I do.

Sandro777
    Sandro777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Rockies loss killed my day. Would have been about even if they could have cashed vs PITTSBURGH..

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

dont worry about that guy, nocon. another f_uckin rookie that doesn't get it.

guy showed up in my thread yesterday fading my call and was dead wrong (19 runs wrong).

keep pushing brother, keep working hard. you have my support.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    dont worry about that guy, nocon. another f_uckin rookie that doesn't get it.

guy showed up in my thread yesterday fading my call and was dead wrong (19 runs wrong).

keep pushing brother, keep working hard. you have my support.
    No big deal. He was right -- LAD was the call. Not sure if he had them beforehand or in retrospect, but if you give me the chance to fade Bills and Lackey again on the road, I'd do it. Fat bastards came to play tonight.

Cubs4591
    Cubs4591's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea the west coast games are tricky sometimes!!

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

I watch alot of the Pads, Angels, and Dodgers.

Pads with the exception of Gonzalez look like they expect to not reach base at Petco. You can see them gulp and takin deep breaths when they get to the plate. Pretty funny really.

If this game would have been played at Dodger stadium I really believe the Pads would have won. I agree with your assertion about Billingsley. I swear that guy has pitched hungover more than once.

Angels got snakebit in Texas - plain and simple. They're usually very productive at home.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

No big deal. He was right -- LAD was the call. Not sure if he had them beforehand or in retrospect, but if you give me the chance to fade Bills and Lackey again on the road, I'd do it. Fat bastards came to play tonight.

I was just trying to get your back, man. Its very easy to sit there and throw f_ucking stones after the game is over. Where the f_uck is his write-up in how this s_hit would play out? Post it here, please.

I wont stick up for you anymore

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    I was just trying to get your back, man. Its very easy to sit there and throw f_ucking stones after the game is over. Where the f_uck is his write-up in how this s_hit would play out? Post it here, please.

I wont stick up for you anymore
    No, I appreciate it. I agree that it's easy to post in hindsight that someone was on the wrong play, but what can I say? His analysis is spot-on (of course) because the game's over and Bills was terrific.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPlayer View Post
    I watch alot of the Pads, Angels, and Dodgers.

Pads with the exception of Gonzalez look like they expect to not reach base at Petco. You can see them gulp and takin deep breaths when they get to the plate. Pretty funny really.

If this game would have been played at Dodger stadium I really believe the Pads would have won. I agree with your assertion about Billingsley. I swear that guy has pitched hungover more than once.

Angels got snakebit in Texas - plain and simple. They're usually very productive at home.
    Gonzo's even not that great at home. Most of his bombs come on the road if I remember correctly.

Do you like the Angels tomorrow, VP?

VegasPlayer

Gonzo's even not that great at home. Most of his bombs come on the road if I remember correctly. Do you like the Angels tomorrow, VP?
    You'd think they could get to the Red Sox, but I'm gonna hold off and read the local papers to see if I can get a feel for the teams mindset tommorrow. Losses start to pile up and teams tend to press especially on offense. Look at the recent slides by the Phils, Rocks, & Cards. Pitching isn't the problem with the Angels, it's the offense. That said, they'll probably get hammered for 8 runs tommorrow. Right now, I've got more confidence in the Pads, but I'll probably get some of both just cause I had em both today. Good ol chase mentality - LOL!

VegasPlayer

P.S. My point with Gonzo was that he's about the only one on that teams that looks like he's comforatable at the plate in that park.