2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Tues Basesball: homer alert

STL -143...that is right i am gonna ride with my Cardinals laying juice on the road to a very good home team, so yes i will call myself a homer...I am a homer who likes money however so lets look and see why im gonna do such a thing.....

If you havnt noticed nym have been ice cold at the plate recently, avg about two runs a game since the all-star break (and that is only because they had a 6 run outburst in one game, take that away and well you get the point) going a astounding 2-9 in that stretch...This has all been on the road so i know you gonna say "but Banker they are a great home team", well yes i agree i also know these cats been away from home for quite some time and even though they did have a much deserved off day yesterday i got a feeling they may not be mentally checked back in for this one.....

Wainwright's road numbers at 1st glance are not impressive with a 4-5 record but still a nice era of 2.82 and very respectable whip at 1.16...not exactly dominance however most of that came against 3 very solid offensive teams... He had his worst outing of the season in tor, a very good offensive club and a game in which we were going for a three game sweep(something we have not accomplished in 9 tries going back to last year! so he was destine to fail there)..A rough outing in LA where we tend to struggle, and the Reds touched him up a little one time....Get rid of those three( i will for this game as the mets are no where near the offensive team that any of these are) and you will see those are his only 3 non-quality starts all season!

Currently Wainwright is on a 26 inning scoreless streak so i think it is fair to say he is on his game.

We have never really seen Niese before, do believe he pitched a scoreless inning against stl last year but very few of our hitters have abs against him...I expect Niese to be good and runs to be at a premium, which leads me to my next bet......

Playing several under first five totals today starting with...

stl/nym u3.5 -115.......see above...

fla/sf u3 +100....you can get this at 3.5 but it is -130 and i rather not pay that kind of juice so i will take my chances on a push.....What can i say JJ is the only pitcher even close to Waino right now and i dont see him having many problems against that lineup in that park...Cain should hold his end up to keep with the theme that fla doesnt like to score in JJ starts...Very good under ump behind the plate in a game that should be dominated by the pitchers...

bos/laa u4 +100...Once again we get a very good under ump in this one..Weaver has been lights out at home posting a 1.80 era and minuscule .97 whip...Lackey has had his ups and downs but has been solid as of late, i expect him to perform well coming back to La for the first time, he already had a very good performance against them in bos....

That is all for me at the moment, if you pass on stl or see "value" in the mets as home dogs i certainly dont blame you, i just happen to see value in getting Wainwright at under -150....As always thoughts and comments are appreciated...gl to everyone tonight...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I like STL more and more.

Their line is dropping which is great.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I like STL more and more.

Their line is dropping which is great.

i know, my dumb ass put some in last night worried it would go up.....may grab some more today as just about every win they have had since the all-star break the line has did this..

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i know, my dumb ass put some in last night worried it would go up.....may grab some more today as just about every win they have had since the all-star break the line has did this..
    I may jump on board.....like you said why would there bats all of a sudden wake up against a guy like Waino......todays card makes me want to take the day off but u know how that goes. I just feel like vegas is going to bitchslap everyone soon.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    I may jump on board.....like you said why would there bats all of a sudden wake up against a guy like Waino......todays card makes me want to take the day off but u know how that goes. I just feel like vegas is going to bitchslap everyone soon.

that why totals the only thing i played yesterday and are pretty much filling my card today...chalk eaters have been killing it lately (gotta admit ive ate my share) but at some point that gonna come crashing down hard, like it did once already this season.......

Ralphie1412

Only chalky thing Im taking today is Cliff Lee -1 -180. Im playing it small but I still think Cliff goes the distance and Gonzalez gets jacked on the road.

2daBank

Only chalky thing Im taking today is Cliff Lee -1 -180. Im playing it small but I still think Cliff goes the distance and Gonzalez gets jacked on the road.

yea i have been considering a tex phi parlay all night and this mourning as i agree i dont like oak overall as a team on the road.... Hammels has been lights out for philly lately, cant see either one of those teams losing......

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

I love STL and Waino today. Think he is under the radar because of Carp. but how can anyone argue with his numbers and consistency. He does not get the credit he should IMO

Ralphie1412

yea i have been considering a tex phi parlay all night and this mourning as i agree i dont like oak overall as a team on the road.... Hammels has been lights out for philly lately, cant see either one of those teams losing......
    ya if hammels pitched like he did against your squad this one should be a laugher as i think the phillies bats are awake.

PuckCoach
    PuckCoach's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this game is going to be very close. I think Mets might win. Niese pitches well at Citi. Its a big field and they field well so the park is forgiving. I don't like pitchers with scoreless streaks over 20. I think they start thinking stats.

Mets are really bad. Playing at home can only help. I am probably passing. Wish you luck Bank.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

braves r class of national league

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    I love STL and Waino today. Think he is under the radar because of Carp. but how can anyone argue with his numbers and consistency. He does not get the credit he should IMO

they fukked him out of the Cy Young last year and they probably will again this year, may be hard for them to do though as he could very well end the season with a era under 2 and 20 wins.....

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post
    braves r class of national league

1st off im not sure how that is relevant...2nd i do believe stl swept them in a 4 game series this year...Braves better worry about philly.....Braves have a nice team but not sure they a team that can win in the post-season.....

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Sweet write up. Cheers

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

1st off im not sure how that is relevant...2nd i do believe stl swept them in a 4 game series this year...Braves better worry about philly.....Braves have a nice team but not sure they a team that can win in the post-season.....
    that was earlier in year if braves end up with better record than st louis which i think they will(btw stl is no guarentee only i think like 1.5 games up on reds) than braves best home team in baseball whjo has great pitching and derek lowe whos not awful is like their #5 i think braves got deep runi love hudson jurrjens is pretty good hanson will deff get better wagner is pretty good closer i just think braves r going on serious run poss to world series this year

yomillionaire
    yomillionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good write up bank, I'm on STL with you so call me a homer too. Definitely on the under for the fish today, dont see a reason why JJ doesn't keep his dominance going today, on the same note I also like the fish to win today straight up too. GL on your plays bud, hope we cash these.

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Gl following..

absolute
    absolute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5076

GL bank. i trust you know your team so ima tail. my question is if the cards are the bigger play than your o/u or all the same?

limitation
    limitation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I like Cardinals as well. Thinking of playing Texas game as well. There is no way Cliff Lee will give up more than 5 runs to triple A offense of Oakland. And with the way bats have been swinging for Texas, you know you have a great shot. Only downside about taking Lee, you have to pay very high juice.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by absolute View Post
    GL bank. i trust you know your team so ima tail. my question is if the cards are the bigger play than your o/u or all the same?
    i normally dont vary my baseball bets very much (rare occasions i actually bet more on any one game, baseball, anything can happen), i got a unit on stl and a half unit on all the totals.....hopefully we can cash this bitch

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by limitation View Post
    I like Cardinals as well. Thinking of playing Texas game as well. There is no way Cliff Lee will give up more than 5 runs to triple A offense of Oakland. And with the way bats have been swinging for Texas, you know you have a great shot. Only downside about taking Lee, you have to pay very high juice.

yea i dont think i could pay that much (it even -186 at -1), that why i was thinking of a tex/phi parlay, just havnt made up my mind as of yet....

btd
    btd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6828

GL with your picks may tail you on STL

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

On Stl as well, anytime I can get Wainwright at that price I take it.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Holdin Aces View Post
    On Stl as well, anytime I can get Wainwright at that price I take it.

that is pretty much the way i see it and against some cold ass bats....not any kind of huge play just a play like everything else i think i see a edge with..

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

i have waino also bank and would at almost any juice cas he is ON. so thinking maybe new yorks $$ is why line as fell some. and i love to play a vistor team over a home team on there first game home after a LONG road trip. reason - its a man-woman thang - i no it sure worked last night with sf they were so bad - tired and empty GL.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    i have waino also bank and would at almost any juice cas he is ON. so thinking maybe new yorks $$ is why line as fell some. and i love to play a vistor team over a home team on there first game home after a LONG road trip. reason - its a man-woman thang - i no it sure worked last night with sf they were so bad - tired and empty GL.

yea i like the whole 1st game back from long road trip as well...damn near every stl line has fell on games they have won since the all-star break, only thing i can see it being is some folks with deep pockets dont think they any good or "overvalued" , whatever the case may be, honestly i really try not to let the lines or movement effect my baseball plays to much, if i like the team and the number i play it.....

superman613
    superman613's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like stl tonight...GL

2daBank

the bos/laa first 5 u4 has moved to -110 and the total down to 7.5..no matter what at least i got a good number.......fla/sf u3 ff has moved to -105 so once again at least i got a good line..

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like it, GL man

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    I like it, GL man

bout damn time your team lost a game, what are they gonna do tonight?

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

bout damn time your team lost a game, what are they gonna do tonight?
    I would love to sit here and say they will win, and even though part of me does believe that, I don't think its a good spot to put money on SF, not against Josh Johnson, theres always another game tomorrow after all.

I can easily see this being an epic pitchers duel though, especially the way Cain has looked his last couple times out.

I think the Under looks good in this spot.

2daBank

sounds good to me, u3 ff where my money at.....gl tonight

yomillionaire
    yomillionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!

FLA/SF has the makings of a 3-2 game. Hopefully with the Marlins winning. Although our lineup is all kinds of screwy now that Coghlan's out Hanley will probably get moved to leadoff hitter again unless Bonifacio plays today.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by yomillionaire View Post
    FLA/SF has the makings of a 3-2 game. Hopefully with the Marlins winning. Although our lineup is all kinds of screwy now that Coghlan's out Hanley will probably get moved to leadoff hitter again unless Bonifacio plays today.

0-0 thru 5 innings has a nice ring to it......

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't you just tell me you didn't have a dime to your name? Stop lying to everyone on here.

12 Last