wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yesterday was a much better day. Thanks for all the support you guys gave with the post, sometimes you get down with your picks, but you are right its a grind and you got to keep plugging away. I went 1-0 on my pick, yesterday considering my other pick was the over in the Boston game and I pulled that when the pitching change came. I probably would not of touched it if I knew that Haren would be pitching. I went 5-1 overall on the day with my only loss being the Reds, so not a bad day. Lets hope for more of the same today and keep it going
    Detroit Tigers +115 over the Tampa Bay Rays
    Well, I was shocked yesterday to see Garza pitch a no hitter. He had not been his self and neither has todays starter. James Shields takes the mound to see if he can repeat what the rays did yesterday, but odds are he won't. His first ten starts of the season, he looked like the Sheilds we all know having a 2.99 era. Since then he has a 7.25 era and has pitched terribly. He also has lost his last five home starts and in his career against Detroit allowing 18 hits and 10 runs in 13 and 1/3 innings. The rays have been hot going 15-6 in July though. The Tigers on the other hand have been slumping and espically on the road. They have lost 7 in a row on the road, but tonight will put their ace Justin Verlander on the mound. He is 12-5 with a 3.76 era and is getting into midseason form going 4-0 with a 3.24 era in his last 5 starts. He should be able to shut down the rays offense and if Shields pitches like he has been of late, Tampa will need quite a bit of run support. Look for Detroit getting positive money to get out of their slumps and win here in this spot.
    Florida Marlins -118 over the San Francisco Giants
    One of my favorite pitchers in baseball takes the ball tonight for Florida and I love it, when the price is this small. I dont usually get this price with Josh Johnson, but I will take it. Johnson is 10-3 with a 1.61 era and is baseballs era leader. He also has only allowed 1 run over his last 28 innings on the road. His last start against Colorado he gave up 1 run striking out 11 over 6 and 2/3 innings. The Marlins have won 8 of their last 10 also. Matt Cain takes the mound for the Giants and he is finally getting back to himself. Cain is 8-8 with a 3.10 era and has pitched well recently. He has beat Florida once this season and is 3-0 against them in his career. This is going be a good pitching matchup and I would be tempted to take the under, but I don't like taking unders in 6.5 run games. Anything can still happen and one big inning and your bet is lost. I do like Johnson here at the positive price on the road.
    Good luck guys, lets go 2-0

kboiler
    kboiler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck today! 2-0 sounds like a nice number