Well, those Sawks sure made it interesting last night. I cant believe when I woke up this morning to check the Dodger final to make sure it finished where I left it that the no hit bid for Lackey turned into a 6-6 tie and a 13 inning game. Wow. I just hit the biggest parlay of my life last night. Every late game combined.
NYY -1.5, Boston, Minnesota, Milwaukee, LAD, SF, Texas. (not to mention a version containing the Fever and the Alouettes) Which I really really needed after my Phils finally got a win in St. Louis when I had so much on the line for Wainwright and Wainright -1.5. It’s funny how things seem to turn themselves around in this game.
Only one day game on the docket today, which is pretty nice, because I may just get some of the things done today that I have been putting off.
St Louis travels to the South Side of Chicago to take on their division rivals, looking to bounce back from missing the four game sweep of the Phils at the hands of the unhittable Cole Hamels.
St. Louis +140 (Suppan) @ CUB -160 (Wells). 220pm start east.
They sure don’t get a pitching matchup break today. Wells has been stellar of late, really getting it going in his last four, giving up a combined five runs in those starts. Suppan certainly can’t boast that, but he does have the division leader’s jersey on and should expect to get some support. Just quickly looking at this line, Im hopping on the Cards. Why miss out on this day light dog? The Cubs have been better of late, but they are still the Cubs and still should lose ever damn game in my mind. Especially when they are facing the division leader and are this significant of favorites. easy money.

Other Friday night notables:
NYM +105 (Santana) @ LAD -125 (Padilla): Vicente has been amazing lately which is why the Dodgers are getting the slight edge for the oddsmakers tonight, that and home field adv, of course. Plus the fact that the Mets are atrocious on the road... But I really like it when I get ace starters at better than even money. Look for the Dodgers to struggle to score again and the mets to be in this one until the end.

TB -152 (Niemann) @ CLE +132 (Carmona): Fausto has been great all season, and we just watched the Tribe take 7 of 8 from 2 AL Central division leaders. Can they beat Niemann and keep it going? No. Jeff will get it done, the Rays’ bats will make a mockery of all-star Carmona, and win convincingly tonight. I love the line, too.

COL +185 (Cook) @ PHI -215 (Halladay): Now why on Earth would the Phils be this kind of favorite tonight? Because Doc is the man? I mean, he certainly is the man, but when the hell have the Phils given the guy any kind of support that would garner this kind of favoritism. Aaron Cook ALWAYs pitches well against the Phils. The guy scares the hell out of me, all the time. Will one of you please put your house on the Rockies so I can get my boys at a discount tonight?! the Phils still stink.

SFO -124 (Sanchez) @ AZ +104 (Jackson): This is the best pitching matchup of the night on Friday. I love both of these mid-20’s studs. San Fran has been unstoppable lately and there is absolutely no reason not to take them again tonight, but this matchup is intriguing to say the least. Look for Edwin to keep his boys in it because you can never really trust any offensive explosion for the Giants, and all it takes is one for Mark Reynolds who can flat out mash it. This will be a very low scoring affair and the o/u currently sits at 9. I like the under here, and I probably am going to play it.

Good luck today, gambling world. I hope you made a little jack last night and didn’t have a heart attack watching the Red Socks last night. Enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend.