Well, for those of you who don't know me (which will be just about all of you unless you happen to frequent covers.com), I am welsknight. I just found out about this particular site very recently. So, I figured I'd give it a whirl. Here's my record:

Yesterday Day Total: 5-5 (-3.61 units)
Last Week Total: 17-10 (+1.77 units)
All-Time Total: 37-25-1 (-1.15 units)

Last night was a rough night... after getting killed last night by a major letdown on behalf of Jimenez and the Rockies (and the Mets... and the Twins... and the Phillies...), it's a new week (based on my betting/payout schedule). I even somehow managed to stay up overall last week despite having a very rough last couple of days. I think I'm going to try something new here... obviously it's a lot easier to pick a series winner than the winner for an entire game. So... I'm going to start betting kind of like this:

Example
LA Angels @ NY Yankees: Obviously, as we all know, the Yankees are the better overall team. The odds that they will get swept in the entire series are slim. So, in this system I would put say, 2 units on the first game of the series. If they win, I'm up 2 units and I will not bet on another game of the series. If they lose, I'm down roughly 3.75 units (average, of course, with the Yanks usual ML). So, if they lose, I will bet, say, 4 units on the next game of the series. If they win, once again, I won't touch that series anymore. If they lose, I would bet enough to get slightly positive again. Therefore, the only way I can LOSE money overall in this system is for the Yankees to get completely swept by the Angels... which is very improbable.

The goal here is not to make ridiculous money (although I won't complain). It is to make consistent money. So... we'll give it a try.

Now... the problem here is that I'm starting this now, and these series(es?... or maybe its seri... lol) have already begun. But, we'll see how it goes.

TUESDAY LEANS - NEW SYSTEM
Milwaukee Brewers ML (-127) 2 units
New York Yankees ML (-260) 2 units
Tampa Bay Rays ML (-195) 2 units
Toronto Blue Jays ML (-106) 2 units
Boston Red Sox ML (+100) 2 units
Chicago White Sox ML (-125) 2 units
Colorado Rockies ML (-113) 2 units

TUESDAY LEANS - OUT OF SYSTEM
San Francisco Giants ML (+100) 1 unit

Well... here goes nothing. BOL to you all!

Comments, as always, appreciated.