dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Another Dog Day!

Two huge dogs with great value today!
    Houston - They were hitting good pitches last night and I don't expect their bats to cool down. +220
    Angels-Have been looking good since coming back from the break & play very well against the Yankees. +230
    Padres - Braves are good at home yes but struggle with lefties and the Pads should never be +150
    O's - Yes they looked terrible today but Arrieta has looked better his last few starts. + 180
    Cleveland - Spanked the Twinkies yesterday, are prime to do it again. - +164

Rememeber now kids 2 of 5 breaks you even. 's

absolute
    absolute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5076

washington and phillies are big dogs too, curious on why you didnt add them to this mix?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I don't like Cleveland or Houston, personally. And I gave Baltimore a look, but the line movement (so far) indicates TB might be just too much (though I do think that has a shot).

Who's this cat pitching for LAA tonight? He pitched OK at times as a starter last year, and let's face it, Hughes hasn't exactly had his best stuff recently.

Muddy
    Muddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

I completely agree with the Padres. Besides, the Brewers I believe just took 2 from the Braves in their house

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Quote Originally Posted by absolute View Post
    washington and phillies are big dogs too, curious on why you didnt add them to this mix?
    I just can't bring myself to bet against Carpy at home. You could probably add the Nats to this list but i picked those 5 because i thought they were the best value.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I completely agree with the Padres. Besides, the Brewers I believe just took 2 from the Braves in their house
    Yes Braves looked very vulnerable in that series.

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't like Cleveland or Houston, personally. And I gave Baltimore a look, but the line movement (so far) indicates TB might be just too much (though I do think that has a shot). Who's this cat pitching for LAA tonight? He pitched OK at times as a starter last year, and let's face it, Hughes hasn't exactly had his best stuff recently.
    Both are a bit of a stretch but hey only one needs to win to turn a profit. I didn't see the game but Houston was hitting some pretty damn good pitches last night. It wasn't like they were teeing off on meatballs.

Angels should never be that big of a dog against the Yankees. They have the best record of any team against the Yankees over the last 5 years or so. That line is a complete joke. O'Sullivan did so so last year but what stuck out to me was the run support he received last year and i am hoping it continues today. Angels were back to themselves against the M's playing great small ball and hitting mistakes.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

are you getting a touchdown with Bal?

dodger33
    Kershnasty

I got it at 6.5 i might need the extra half point though those Dolphins have been beating up on them.

dodger33
    Kershnasty

On a lighter note a 5 team parlay with those teams listed above pays 189 to 1. I just put 2 bucks on it

Orangemen 44
    Orangemen 44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the Pads myself, Atlanta tough at home though. ATL line has dropped about -20 since this morning.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Just made a thread about the Angels, whenever I see +170 and Phil Hughes on the other side I'll bet

Gtawatson
    Gtawatson's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like that angels moneyline. Its ridiculously high, and hughes pitched just alright last time vs. LA. Hughes hasn't looked great since May, he is already over the total innings he pitched all of last season and the angels always play the yanks tough. Also the Yankees usually struggle against pitchers they have never seen before, which the angels are throwing out there tonight. Its worth the crazy moneyline

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Angels have been hitting a lot better after the all star break.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I might take Angels +1.5 at plus money but they might just win SU.

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Yea at plus money still, thats a good bet.

Muddy
    Muddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    Angels should never be that big of a dog against the Yankees. They have the best record of any team against the Yankees over the last 5 years or so. That line is a complete joke. O'Sullivan did so so last year but what stuck out to me was the run support he received last year and i am hoping it continues today. Angels were back to themselves against the M's playing great small ball and hitting mistakes.
    Dodger I think you may be thinking of Matt Palmer. Shoe salesman who had like a 4.3+ era but a bunch of wins because of timely run support.

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Oh shit you are right! Haha butt O'Sullivan did win 7 of his last 8 starts. Last year.

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Back to back to back. Suck it Garza!

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

love that you play dogs thats all i bet in baseball,tonight balt and wash ,houst ,phila and clev in the first 5 innings

dodger33
    Kershnasty

3 out of 5 yesterday profit of 3.74 units! Dogs are they way to go!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

while i cetainly agree with you dodger, i was just looking back at my spreadsheet for the month and in all honesty i guess i just dont pick dogs all that well as im right around 60% with all my plays but 4-8 with the dogs ive played...thing is when playing dogs the way you doing it with 5 or so seems to be the way to go as it is just hard for me to single out the 1 or 2 that will win and im much more into just a few plays....im glad it is working for you keep up the good work.....you got a list of dogs you are playing today?

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Yes I have found the same thing. When I pick 1 i always end up picking the wrong one.
    The only dog i like today is Cincy. I dont care who is throwing for the Nats. Cincy a dog at home is a solid bet. Other than that I think I am going to hold off on stuff like this unless there is at least 3 big dogs I like.