nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

ANGELS LOCK tonight with Jered Weaver

The Angels will roll past Felix Hernandez and the Mariners tonight. The Angels can be found as low as -125 and thats a steal for a LOCK that will have an easy time winning tonight.

Everything in this game favors theAngels. They have the better starting pitcher in Weaver, they have better batting by far, and they have the far superior bullpen. The Mariners have given up on the season, and even mgmt has pretty much said that back when they traded Cliff Lee.

Tonight the Angels start Jered Weaver. This guy doesnt get a lot of credit but he is one of the best pitchers in the game. Weaver comes in tonight with a 3.20 ERA. He has started 19 games and in those 19 starts he has thrown for a total of 121 innings. So Weaver is averaging almsot 6 1/2 innings per start, even though there is no such thing as 1/2 an inning.

In those 121 innings, Weaver has only allowed 103 hits which is well below the 1 hit per inning mark. Weaver has also shown great control, having allowed just 28 Walks while striking out 137 batters. His 4.89 strikeout to walk ratio is one of the best in baseball. Weaver has recorded almost 40% of his outs on strikeouts, and he faces a very strikeout prone team tonight. I wouldnt be surprised to see him get 10 or more K's tonight.

On the other side of the ball, the Mariners will be starting Feliz Hernandez. Hernandez gets all the hype, but his numbers simply dont bare it out. He does have a decent ERA which sits at 2.88. But here is a guy who gets hits hard a lot. He has the same number of starts as Weaver, at 19. He has thrown for slightly more innings at 127. I would attest that to the fact that the Mariners will stick with him longer due to their weak bullpen.

In 127 innings, Hernandez has given up far more hits(117) than Weaver. He has also allowed 50% more walks than Weaver at 42. He has also recorded fewer strikouts than Weaver, and thus he has a much lower strikout to walk ratio. Weavers is 4.89 while Hernandez is 3.12.

There is no doubt that Hernandez is a good pitcher, but tonight he is facing an equally good pitcher in Weaver. And I dont think anyone will seriously question the fact that Hernandez will be facing a much more capable lineup than will Weaver.

We have seen this Mariner offense get shut down all year long by much lesser pitchers than Weaver. I think Weaver will roll through this Mariner lineup tonight and Hernandez will have very little room for error as he wont be getting much run support tonight.

If Hernandez can throw a gem and keep the game close, the Angels will also have a clear advantage as this game goes to the bullpens late. The Mariners bulpen has struggled almsot as mightily as its offense and that is saying a lot.

I think another factor that has to be considered when capping Mariner games is how much effort is this team really going to bring. I mean, everyone involved with this team knows that this year is done and the only thing they really have to play for is to try and avoid finishing with the worst record in baseball. That may not be much motivation.

The Mariners come in 16 games out while the Angels come in very much in the race to win this division. They sit 4 1/2 games back of the Rangers and if history is any indication, the Rangers will fade and the Angels will push on to win this division.

Who knows, but one thing I do know is the Angels have the better team, better pitcher, better batting, better bullpen, and more motivation. -125 seems like a pretty cheap price for all that.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Under 1st 5 innings

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Felix is better than Weaver, both pens suck, and angels are not nearly as good as you seem to believe.....all that said i still think you on the right side.....pay back your loans and gl tonight

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I like your write ups and like this pick, just please, please stop calling them locks.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I am on the under for the game. Good luck

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

under looks good

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

your analysis seems biased towards the angels/weaver. I think the under is the best play based on your analysis.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

thanks for using the lock word in consecutive days on games i have the opposite on. Today I took Felix. Yesterday I had Carpenter. Youre the man.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Check Felix's last six starts, sugar.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

nobs, I am with ya man, thinking of the over as well, as hernandez might be hit hard

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

weaver dominates the mariners and dominates at home. 2+2 = 4. good luck!

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

another winner from nobs, keep up the good work

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

The Angels will roll past Felix Hernandez and the Mariners tonight