lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Washington -115 -130

Can anybody tell me why Washington is favored on the road to Marlins? I see Strasburg is pitching is that all?

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

there is no other reason....great value with the marlins

chibears
    chibears's Avatar Become A Pro!

going with the value.

make$take$
    make$take$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Nolasco got beat up by Wash earlier this year, Strasburg's era is half of Nolasco's, Wash pen is better, and hitting is pretty even w/ edge to Wash in power. The only thing going for FLA is they r at home

jennahazeplays
    jennahazeplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

yyes good pitcher

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Two below average teams. has coin flip written all over it.

jennahazeplays

ooverated a bit

jennahazeplays

decent value tho

lyon804

IMO, Strasburg is a once in a generation talent but at the same time the hype machine is a little bit overdone. His numbers have changed once he quit pitching to Pirates and Indians. I can tell you right now the Marlins will not back down from the challenge. He might strike out double digits against the Marlins today, but there is not a guy in that lineup that will be overly impressed by his fastball. Marlins are a young group and you can't throw it past them.

Thanks for any and all opinions.

make$take$

Strasburg gets so much hate on this forum but the most he has given up is 3 runs as a rookie w/ all this hype around him and he will only get better. I don't see how he is overrated

make$take$

And he has faced more than the pirates and indians, like chisox, braves, kc has the best avg in the league last I checked

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by make$take$ View Post
    Strasburg gets so much hate on this forum but the most he has given up is 3 runs as a rookie w/ all this hype around him and he will only get better. I don't see how he is overrated

No hate my brother.. Just stating my opinion. He is very good, but consider some of the competettion he has dominated. He has not been near as dominant pitching against the NL East. I can't give the winner of todays game but I see value in the Marlins in this spot considering that Strasburg will most likely max out at 6in pitched today so he only figures into part of todays equation. I expect him to strikeout many Marlins today but they will take him to many deep counts with strikeouts and some occasional hits which makes him getting out of the 6th inning a 50/50 prop imo and then you are competing bullpens with the Strasburg price on the ML.. get my opinion? Not hate just my opinion.

tonyp0387
    tonyp0387's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

the line looks low every moron in the world will have nats.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

And he has faced more than the pirates and indians, like chisox, braves, kc has the best avg in the league last I checked

its not hate my friend, we are gamblers and the fact is as great as Stas is he is overpriced in every start he makes, go look at how much money you would be up/down betting against him in his starts (it that simple)...you will not find anyone here that doesnt think he is a once in a lifetime type talent, that doesnt change the fact it has been a good bet going against him...look at today a team that is 14-29 on the road has no business being a road fav, PERIOD.......

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    its not hate my friend, we are gamblers and the fact is as great as Stas is he is overpriced in every start he makes, go look at how much money you would be up/down betting against him in his starts (it that simple)...you will not find anyone here that doesnt think he is a once in a lifetime type talent, that doesnt change the fact it has been a good bet going against him...look at today a team that is 14-29 on the road has no business being a road fav, PERIOD.......

TY Banker. I couldn't have said it better myself. I tried to explain the same thing above. We ain't got time for hate in this game. You have to be objective as you possibly can. Probably why I only have one team I pull for in any professional sports. I grew up a gambler, not a fan.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nolasco got beat up by Wash earlier this year, Strasburg's era is half of Nolasco's, Wash pen is better, and hitting is pretty even w/ edge to Wash in power. The only thing going for FLA is they r at home
    Marlins actually have identical road/home records, not too big of an advantage.

I like the Nats here.

make$take$

I just think he is being undervalued in this start. -130 is way more value for Nats with him on the mound imo

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    TY Banker. I couldn't have said it better myself. I tried to explain the same thing above. We ain't got time for hate in this game. You have to be objective as you possibly can. Probably why I only have one team I pull for in any professional sports. I grew up a gambler, not a fan.

yea i saw you pretty much had the same thing put up after i posted (great minds think alike)...always been more of a gambler than a fan (some say i have no soul)...Cardinals are the only team in any sport i have any loyalty to and the fact is there certain spots where i will bet against them in a heartbeat as i got a few stl situational spots that are money to fade them.....

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be all over him if this game was at Washington. But it's not. So if anything I'm with you on the Fish.

2daBank

I just think he is being undervalued in this start. -130 is way more value for Nats with him on the mound imo

14-29 on the road and they are -130, that is not "value" (honestly hate that word, probably the most overused word on this site)......

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    couldn't of said it better myself, teams win pitchers do not. if you can cap burg boy (or any pitcher) hitting 2 homeruns in games they start then you have a an argument.

lyon804

In this game of handicapping we have to make assumptions based on many criteria and have a long term focus and outlook.

Let's look at this on a very reasonable level.

Wash -130 give you implied odds of 56.52%
    Florida Marlins +110 give you implied odds of 47.42%

So in fact you are telling me that playing Washington on the road in this scenario is going to win long term more than 57% of the time?? Because that's exactly what has to happen for this to be a +EV scenario. Are you playing for what just happens today or do you have a long term focus? Because I won't mince words when I tell you that the Washington is a -EV proposistion all day long. Can they win today? Well sure. I have not the slightest idea who wins today, but long term... The Marlins is the only play here.
    Last edited by lyon804; 07-16-10 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave lyon804 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 2daBank

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I like the Nats,

2daBank

Nolasco has been hot as of late and we all have seen how pitchers step there game up against Stras....hell the line dropping should tell ppl all they need to know.....

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I like the Nats,
    I like whatever you don't like - and I dislike anything you like

How about a 'friendly gentlemens bet' - I'll give you Nats at EVEN money for 25. Nats win, I pay 25, Fish win, you pay 25.

Muddy
    Muddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

Coin flip. I see a 3-1 type of game, on the under.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Coin flip. I see a 3-1 type of game, on the under.

do think under is a solid play..

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

for anyone wanting to back burgboy now is the time. at -115 u likely won't see it again this year, maybe. burg boy will only pitch until early september then they will shut him down.