Well, the all star break is finally over. I don't know about you, but I have went absolutly nuts over this break. I never thought I would be looking at WBNA or tennis to get my fix, but baseball is back. I went 1-1 on Sunday and I did hit David Ortiz on Monday. On Tuesday, I hit the National League and the under so that was a good day. On Wednesday, I lost it all in the horses, so lets win some baseball today.
Texas Rangers -114 over the Boston Red Sox
The all star break could not of came at a better time for the Texas Rangers. They got the trade for Cliff lee and then was swept at home in a four game series by Baltimore. They are still in first place and this break should come at a good time for them to regroup and build on that first place spot they have in the American League West. Tommy Hunter takes the mound today for them and he has been great this year. He is 5-0 with a 2.34 era and has 7 quality starts in his last 8 on the mound. Boston sends the ageless wonder in Tim Wakefield to the mound. He has not had that good of a season going 3-7 with a 5.22 era. He has never faired well against Texas who has a 6 era in 34 outings against Texas. Vladimir has crushed him going 10-23 with 5 homers and 10 walks. I look for Texas to get back on track here and at this small price, I cannot pass this game up.
Philadelphia Phillies +111 over the Chicago Cubs
This is a interesting price on the Phillies. I would think that they would be closer to a pick then being a small dog. I don't mind because there is value here now. The Phillies just got done sweeping the Reds and winning 4 in a row. They have a lot of injuries, but seem to be getting on track now. Everyone kept saying all year they are the best team in the National League East and now they might be gaining some momentum at the same time. They put the real ageless wonder on the mound in Jamie Moyer. He has pitched well this year going 9-8 with a 4.51 era. He has not pitched well the last two games though, but it won't take much to shut down this low powered offense of the Cubs. The Cubs put Ryan Dempester on the mound and who has pitched well, but has not gotten any run support. He is 2-4 with a 3.13 era in his last seven home starts, but the cubs have not scored more then 3 runs in six of them. The offense is the real problem here for the cubs. I don't think they will get more then 3-4 runs off they Phillies here. The Phillies should be able to get the victory here and at the plus price it makes it even better.

So baseball is back and even though its not a huge card tonight it is baseball and thats good. Lets get back to winning some money.