EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Methuselah Project

Another trend I was scared to pass on because it seems like it shouldn't be happening in a world we live in. Be not afraid that Methuselah walks amongst us as a pitcher for the Washington Nationals. That's right, Livan Hernandez. I have uncovered his birth certificate and low and behold, he was not born in 1975, but in 1975 B.C. That's correct. Livan is nearly 3,000 years old! Perhaps that explains the way his pitches have missed bats enough this year for him to become the UNDER maestro. 12 of his 15 starts this season have gone UNDER. Those same 13 have all gone UNDER 8 runs. The Metuselah Magic nombre hombre. At home, the numbers are even more stifling with a perfect 8 for 8 in the way of UNDERs with the games averaging 5.56 runs. Only one start at home has resulted in a total greater than 8 and that was a PUSH on a total of 9. So you have Methuselah + a decent bullpen [3.40 ERA as of 7.6.10]. I loathe UNDERs, but the percentages have been baffling. Even Methuselah himself doesn't want you to lose your grip on beating the books!

July 6th: UNDER 8 [-110]
    Getting the Padres who are an astounding 24/36 cashing UNDERs on the road with Clayton Richard whose road starts are averaging 5.33 runs per game. Just one of his six road starts has eclipsed the total of 8. Let Methuselah reign once more and runs be scarce!

Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-06-10 at 04:49 PM.

TheScoreGuru
    still thinking..
    TheScoreGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!

very nice writeup. won't back the under, i'll take the nats ML instead.

gl!

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

i like it, following the under.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Nice right up, might be worth a sprinkle on the under!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exceptions to every rule and tonight it appears the project is set to fail. Throwing strikes apparently is optional tonight. Will keep track of this next time Livan starts. UNDERs always make me nervous and vomity.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took a long look at Livan today but decided to pass (barely). Nats will win.