lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Anyone else miss the steroid era?

Every year baseball gets more boring, it's the same old story every year...4-5 teams in contention.. Baseball is the only sport where you can buy a pennant. Look at hockey and basketball for example, you actually need the team to play well together, baseball is more of a 2 man showdown between the pitcher and hitters, and if you can afford all the best hitters..

Before the salary cap was introduced in the NHL, for years the Rangers were the biggest spenders. This didn't land them anything, they struggled with getting a playoff spot with so many good players..

Look at the Denver Nuggets, too much talent for one team, they all hog the ball and there's no roles really between them.

It seems like pitchers have improved so damn much, and the batters have regressed, especially with power. The Barry/ Mark homerun duel got me hooked on baseball for life!What can be done to make baseball as exciting as it was when I first started watching?

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they should bring steroids back also.

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

these no hitters are getting exciting

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

no hitters, perfect games, its getting ridiculous

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Simple solution to fix MLB. 8 team playoffs per league. Creates way more interest in small market teams and not 4 of the same 6 teams in the playoffs each year. This would also help the ridiculous over-spending the Yanks etc do but nope "blah blah we play enough games as it is, tradition etc."
    Last edited by DennisGreen; 07-05-10 at 11:41 AM.