make$take$
    make$take$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Long term winning?

My last month of MLB is basically a wash. I have made $ but only because I unloaded on Boston, Texas, at the right time, and A's last night. Should I just be content to play only a couple games a week on average that I feel extremely good about, or keep playing games I just like (usually between 3-6 a day on a full card seems like) and hope it was just a bad run, or evens out or whatever. Thanks, Dan

Ski powder
    MLB=152W-2-106L
    Ski powder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan,
    Here is some advice I practice,
    " In order to win in the long haul you can't bet every night.You have to have patience,do your homework,and when the planets align,make your move."

Doing this type of playing.
    Right now, I am focused on Accu Score’s ML projected winner when the line home team is –150 to –169. That does not mean that I am taking the home team, it means that I am taking the Accu Score projected winner when the home team is –150 to –169. Zach Rosenfield

Daniel "Ski Powder"

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

everyone has their own style. If you are disciplined enough to just play the 2-3 games per week that really stand out, then that is the way to go. Naturally those 2-3 games have to win for you at a high% for you to make any money, but that is the way to go. 1-3 games per day is the formula that I personally use.Most days it is one game. 3 games is basically the limit. Anything beyond that , you are playing more for action than anything else IMO. Where people go wrong for the most part is playing games just to have action.

Can't wait for the Lester-Lincecum game tonight. too bad this series wasn't at Fenway.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

it depends on what works for you. i typically bet one game a day and that works for me. it is like trading a stock (one/two games) versus trading a mutual fund or a group of stocks. i don't like playing 4-6 games a day, it just doesn't suit me. i follow every game but will try to bet the best game for that day i feel will win. i don't have a formula on how i make that decision, i just do. good luck!