nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

BREWERS LOCK Thread

The Lock for Today is the Milwaukee Brewers.

I have been riding the Mariners through their recent win streak and have posted all about my Mariner bets on this board, but today the tide has turned and the Milwaukee Brewers are a **** LOCK ****

The Brewers start Dave Bush today. Now Bush's numbers are nothing that great but we know that even bad pitchers typically sail against this weak Mariners offense. Bush comes into this game with a 2 wins and 5 losses but a decent 4.67 ERA. He has 13 starts and 1 relief appearance for just a total of 70 innings.

On the other side of the ball, The Mariners start Ryan Rowland Smith. Smith has stunk it up pretty much all year long with the exception of his last start where he pitched brilliantly and brought his ERA under 6 for the first time since the beginning of the season. He comes into this game with a 1-6 record and a 5.98 ERA.

In his 12 starts and 3 relief appearances Smith has managed just a total of 61 innings. He has given up 79 hits in those 61 innings, coming out to an average of 1.3 hits per innings which is one of the highest hits per innings ratios in baseball. He has also allowed 13 home runs which is 1 home run every 4 1/2 innings. Ouch.

I think we will see a lot of the bullpens in this game as both these starters are generally out of the game by the 5th inning if not before. I think that bodes well for the Brewers as the Mariners have a very suspicious bullpen. The Mariner bullpen saw 4 innings of action last night, while the Brewer bullpen got the night off as starter Gallardo threw a 9 inning complete game shutout.

While the Brewers offense lacks any big name superstars, it is packed with consistency. The Brewers entire lineup is batting .260 or better and are all capable of jumping on a 6.00 ERA pitcher like Rowland Smith. This team also brings some long ball potential with Weeks, Fielder, and Braun. Rowland Smith has shown very susceptible to giving up the long ball and this offense is just the type to take advantage of that. I expect at least 2 home runs from the Brewers today, and that in itself will probably be enough considering this mariner offense often doesn't even score 2 runs.

All the stats certainly point to the Brewers in this game and I think the game will go easily to the Brewers. Rowland Smith has been jacked up every time out except last time and while Dave Bush's win loss record doesn't look impressive, his ERA and other numbers shows that he is a decent pitcher. We all know this Mariner offense is weak and even during their 6 game win streak, the Mariner offense scored 2 runs or less in 4 of the wins.

I think Bush will hold the Mariners offense down just as most every pitcher they have faced this year has and I certainly think Rowland Smith will get hit hard and often today. Once he is out of the game in the 4th or 5th inning, the Brewers will dominate the Mariners weak bullpen.

The Lock for today is the Brewers on the ML at -155

looku
    looku's Avatar Become A Pro!

i got seattle +150 small bet

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

really looking forward to this game

like when u buy that first chemistry set & start randomly mixing shit together then strike a match

tendog
    tendog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    really looking forward to this game

like when u buy that first chemistry set & start randomly mixing shit together then strike a match
    Are you expecting an explosion?

cb8720
    cb8720's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good post, nobs. Brewers are also my play of the day; going big on them. GL.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

no idea what to expect....but anyone laying that kinda juice w/bushwacker @ home in this game is effin batshit insane

mcbogo
    mcbogo's Avatar Become A Pro!

gl nobs, brewers look good right now

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

I'm a brewers fan to it would be almost natural for me to take them.

Brewer =

brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12452

I like the over in this game. G/L

cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Best of luck with that

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

LOL.

WHERE ARE THE HATERS NOW ????????????????????????????????

Too fking funny, you win by 5 runs and its funny 24 hours later --- 0 replies after the game. HAHA. If I had lost this play there would be 100 replies from the "never post a play, always claim to win" crowd telling me how much smarter than me they are. LOL

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by cb8720 View Post
    Good post, nobs. Brewers are also my play of the day; going big on them. GL.

Thanks man, we hit that hard. i was thinking about adding some more on Brewers -1 1/2 +150 because I knew that was great +EV but I got busy and didnt add it. Still nice win on the ML.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by mcbogo View Post
    gl nobs, brewers look good right now
    Thanks. I didnt even see when they were down, first score I saw it was 6-3 as we were out barbequing yesterday.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    I like the over in this game. G/L
    I did too because I expected Rowland Smith to give up at least 2 homers, but backed off the over because the Mariner offense sucks

stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do people around here still use that word??

at best we are talking about a 60/40 edge where ever one exists and call it a lock... it just sounds kind of dumb

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Probably because it gets your panties in a bunch

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

HATERS -- Haters

Where are you now ????

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    I expect at least 2 home runs from the Brewers today, and that in itself will probably be enough considering this mariner offense often doesn't even score 2 runs.

Brewers had 2 Home Runs which scored 4 runs.

Mariners scored a total of 3 runs.

Funny how quiet the haters are now.