HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Toronto Home, but playing in Philly??

No wonder Halladay is once again -2000000. LOL

I'm on Toronto +1.5. I'm betting against the Phillies until they start scoring runs for Halladay

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

good call

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

They (jays) are AT Philly but considered home, i saw that and said WTF is this as a monster road favorite line they posted. So they are at home but listed as the road team. I wouldn't touch that game as much as I wanna take the Jays. Good luck buddy!

jdiddy
    jdiddy's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is due to the G8 summit, the city of Toronto is a mess right now, its on complete lock down. They've even moved the flight patterns around so the city is a no fly zone, a friend is up at their cottage and said they diverted all the planes to the fly over their cottage so no peace an quite for them!

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    No wonder Halladay is once again -2000000. LOL

I'm on Toronto +1.5. I'm betting against the Phillies until they start scoring runs for Halladay
    Agreed %100. Great value on Blue Jays here!
    Last edited by Sawyer; 06-25-10 at 09:38 AM.

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Is this a makeup game? why are they considered the road team?

also, philly has been getting better, but I agree that the chalk is not worth it.

swaindexter
    swaindexter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4563

Agree 100% on your play. Good luck on your wagers......................

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by jaymac82980 View Post
    Is this a makeup game? why are they considered the road team?
    See post #4 regarding the G8. Decision was made a month or so ago.

I'd like to see the Phils break out their old vintage uni's from when the team was briefly and unofficially known as the Blue Jays

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
    This is due to the G8 summit, the city of Toronto is a mess right now, its on complete lock down. They've even moved the flight patterns around so the city is a no fly zone, a friend is up at their cottage and said they diverted all the planes to the fly over their cottage so no peace an quite for them!

Nice. I love SBR, and random updates like this.

jdiddy

Philly and Halladay are the home team! Pitching for the first time against his former team. I do not see him giving up more than two runs, in fact i predict he pitches a complete game shut out tonight to break out of his slump.

jdiddy

I'd like to see the Phils break out their old vintage uni's from when the team was briefly and unofficially known as the Blue Jays [/quote]

wow never heard that so I had to look it up:
    Did you know that the Phillies nickname is the oldest still in continuous use by any Major League team from any league? The franchise has had two other unofficial nicknames: 1883-1889 Philadelphia Quakers & 1944-1945 Philadelphia Blue Jays, but neither of these names were ever officially recognized by the Phillies, by the National Leauge or by Major League Baseball.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

My bad
    Last edited by boeing power; 06-25-10 at 09:47 AM. Reason: WRONG

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Halladay has NEVER lost 4 straight... Phils have won 7/9.
    +1.5 Tor, I like... but I wouldn't go against the phils. Not today.

jdiddy

actually its both but the G8 is today and tomorrow north of the city and the big deal G20 is in the city hence the lockdown:
    "The G8 summit will be immediately followed by the G20 summit in Toronto, a 3-hour drive to the south"

And my new avatar is the Philadelphia Blue Jays logo, love it.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

actually its both but the G8 is today and tomorrow north of the city and the big deal G20 is in the city hence the lockdown:
    "The G8 summit will be immediately followed by the G20 summit in Toronto, a 3-hour drive to the south"

And my new avatar is the Philadelphia Blue Jays logo, love it.
    All these Helicopters and Planes going back and forth from Huntsville and Toronto keep flying over my house every hour. Theres like 4 helicopters at once and then a huge jet follows it

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Added Play:

Kansas City ML
    Grienke Listed -140

Jeff Suppan, mixed Cardinals bats sound about as appetizing as a Shitburger w/ Cheese.

My two plays: KC ML & Toronto +1.5

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

yea maybe it will benefit the blue jays since they seem to be a better road team than home team.

landers781
    landers781's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I remember hearing about this. Why would a ball game affect the summit??

This is just stupid, the home coming of Halladay and its played in Philly

furjiko
    furjiko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

well

philli got it but i cant see toronto winning

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

i agree with that RL play, it would be easy if lind and hill started playing like they can....hopefully lower in the order will spark them, as they're KILLING the fantasy team

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

phils a lock

bhssoccer89
    bhssoccer89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9857

halladay and phils a lock today no way he loses here against his old team

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    See post #4 regarding the G8. Decision was made a month or so ago. I'd like to see the Phils break out their old vintage uni's from when the team was briefly and unofficially known as the Blue Jays
    Unreal that's nuts Hopefully Mitch Williams will take to the mound for old times

apom12
    apom12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

Halladay will shut down his old team... And I still don't trust the Phillies bats. I am all over the UNDER

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Added Play: Kansas City ML Grienke Listed -140 Jeff Suppan, mixed Cardinals bats sound about as appetizing as a Shitburger w/ Cheese. My two plays: KC ML & Toronto +1.5
    Tha Diesel came through and mushed Toronto to hell, but KC ML came through

Thomas_Garber
    Thomas_Garber's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by landers781 View Post
    I remember hearing about this. Why would a ball game affect the summit??

This is just stupid, the home coming of Halladay and its played in Philly

Because the summit is pretty much down the street from Roger's Centre (home of the jays.) All the world leaders including Obama are at the summit and the security is tight. All tourist spots and other areas around the summit area are closed for public. I read somewhere that they spent $1billion for the summit security!

Thomas_Garber
    Thomas_Garber's Avatar Become A Pro!

They even passed new laws for just 1 week because of the summit.

=========================

By Keith Leslie, The Canadian Press

TORONTO - Extra police powers to arrest people during the G20 summit, secretly granted earlier this month, had critics likening Ontario to a "tin-pot dictatorship" Friday.
    A regulation allowing police to stop and search anyone coming within five metres of the summit site's security fence — and arrest them if they fail to show identification — was passed June 2 by a committee of cabinet.
    Still, the new rules only came to light after a 31-year-old man was arrested Thursday and detained for five hours.
    The law, which includes penalties of up to two months in jail and a $500 fine, went into effect on Monday. It expires next Monday, after the G20 wraps up in Toronto.
    The update to the decades-old Ontario Public Works Protection Act, which allows police to search people entering public buildings such as a court house, was passed the same as most regulations, said Community Safety Minister Rick Bartolucci.
    "There was nothing secret," insisted Bartolucci. "The process that normally happens with regulations was followed."
    Bartolucci said it was up to Toronto police to explain why they didn't make the provisions of the new regulation public.
    However, the opposition parties were fuming at the government's move to give police more powers without holding a debate, even though the legislature was sitting when the law was changed.
    And people strolling by the fence Friday were shocked.
    "I think it's really a violation of our human rights," said government worker Lana Carillo, 31, who angrily predicted people will be "up in arms about it."
    Louise Kelly, 72, said most people are just curious about the fence and the G20 security area and should have been warned not to go within five metres of it.
    "I'm very surprised that we weren't informed about it beforehand," said Kelly.
    "It's not right just to act without letting us know. It is against our rights."
    The Canadian Civil Liberties Association called the regulation dangerous. Giving police the extra powers for the G20 summit was an "inappropriate use" of the law to protect public buildings, it said.
    "This was done in secret," said spokeswoman Nathalie Des Rosiers. "It was not done in a way that could be challenged in court."
    Toronto police Chief Bill Blair, who requested the change to label a large section of downtown Toronto as a public work under the law, said police were not given sweeping new powers.
    "We do not want to be in a situation, and we’re not seeking, extraordinary powers to arrest our citizens," said Blair.
    "We are only seeking a clear authority to enable us to maintain a secure perimeter."
    Premier Dalton McGuinty passed the law in secret and then kept it secret, creating a situation in which people don't know if they're breaking the law, said NDP justice critic Peter Kormos.
    "Secret laws that result in people's arrest and detention, like this one, are the hallmarks of tin-pot dictatorships," he said.
    The Progressive Conservatives accused McGuinty of ignoring the legislature to meet a special request from police.
    "This was worth a debate," said Opposition critic Garfield Dunlop.
    "It's not a dictatorship here, people have a right to have an opinion on this."
    John Segsworth, 59, called it "disgraceful" as he briskly walked near the security fence.
    But others, such as Mark Beharry, 35, said the new rule is just part of overall G20 security, although he said advance notice would have been appreciated.
    "I guess if you're here you should probably know that the security forces are out and that's probably something you can expect," said Beharry. "But I'm glad it's only until Monday."
    A Facebook group created after the law became public compared it to Canada's War Measures Act and said it "seriously curtails our rights and freedoms."
    People also took to Twitter to talk about the regulations, calling it "unbelievable."
    — With files from Ciara Byrne
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-29-16 at 08:13 AM. Reason: image does not exist

jdiddy

Philly and Halladay are the home team! Pitching for the first time against his former team. I do not see him giving up more than two runs, in fact i predict he pitches a complete game shut out tonight to break out of his slump.
    Well I had the shut out correct. I went 2-0, with the Phillies and Braves.