BROOKLYN BOY
    BROOKLYN BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brooklyn Boys Birthday Blog NYY/METS Saturday

Have a rare treat this weekend at I get to celebrate my birthday as well as watch the team I've followed for 25 years (the Yanks) play the Mets in this inter league battle. I've not let the fact that I'm a Yanks fan obscure the fact that the Mets are a great play tomorrow and I've done a small write-up in the blog section of this site to support my case and urge you to bet the Mets tomorrow. I've included the actual blog post below. I've been very hot in bases lately and hoping the Mets could come through tomorrow. Good luck. I'll be back to rooting for the Yanks on Sunday, but not passing up this play tomorrow.

The Yankees have simply not been able to solve New York Mets pitching this season and this is the prime reason why a Mets run-line wager on Saturday presents a great deal of value. The Sterling Mike Pelfrey takes the hill for the Mets on Saturday, when the semi-struggling Phil Hughes toes the rubber for the home team Yankees. Since his lightning hot start when some people were thinking, but not uttering their belief that Hughes may have been a Cy Young candidate, he has cooled off considerably. Hughes' ERA is actually greater than double that of Pelfrey's over their last 3 starts, and he has had the tendency for a while now to give up the big hit when pressured. Pelfrey has been lights out and has already beaten the Yanks earlier this season at while at home. In that game he out-dueled Hughes and led the Mets to a 5-3 win. The Yankees bullpen has been lackluster at times and I think the Mets can put up four or five runs tomorrow.

That should be enough to keep it within a run, as the Yankees offence has had a very difficult time scoring against the Mets this season. It won't help the Yankess' cause that they will likely have either Huffman or R Pena in their lineup once again. These guys clearly hurt the Yanks offensively and I just don't see the NYY scoring more than 5 runs tomorrow against a red hot Pelfrey. The Mets also are on a role of their own winning eight games in a row and eight inter league game in a row as well. The line of NYY -176 is absurd in my mind and cannot be justified. How can a team be that large a favorite when they have lost 3 in a row, while the opposition has won 8 in a row?? The Mets clearly have the hotter pitcher on the slab tomorrow as well, along with the knowledge that they've had little trouble beating the Yankees or lately anyone else for that matter.
    If the Yankees were not involved in this game the line would be more like -135. This line is just way out of whack and I'm actually expecting a Mets win tomorrow.

So I'm actually going to suggest 1 unit on the Mets at +160 or better and 3 units on the Mets at +1.5 -130 or better. The reason why I've opted for the run line with the Mets is because we know how tough the Yanks are at home, and we also know how hard it is for opposing clubs to take consecutive games from the Yankees in Yankee Stadium. You may want to throw down a little coin on the the Mets first 5 innings play as well, as I expect them to take a lead by the midway point in the ballgame. If you have any doubts about my writeup, I encourage you to check out the numbers yourself. Stats don't lie and the Yankees deserve to be very slight favorites in the matchup. This is a nice option for tomorrow and maybe the best play on the entire MLB card.

These games between the two NY clubs have been very hard fought this season, and I urge you to watch the game even if you don't plan to wager on the event. I've been a Yankees fan since 1982 when I was very little kid, but I won't let that fact obscure the fact that the Mets are the right play tomorrow. There are many other stats which I don't have time to go into here which I think favor the Mets tomorrow and I have taken that into consideration before I composed this piece, The two that stand out the most are the pitching numbers over the last month between the starters and the Mets 8 game winning streak vs. the Yankees 3 game losing streak.
    Points Awarded:

Bababooey323 gave BROOKLYN BOY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Unshaved
    Unshaved's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice writeup dude, let's go Mets !

keith22
    keith22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Like the Mets myself. Cant figure out why they are such heavy underdogs.

Bababooey323
    Bababooey323's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was already on them. Thanks.

i hit 'em big yesterday.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i agree, great price for a really hot team

siabdo23
    siabdo23's Avatar Become A Pro!

yankees has too much power to lose 2 in a row to the mets

BROOKLYN BOY
    BROOKLYN BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!

grrrrr nice way to blow it Mets. Tough run line loss after being up 3-1.