Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cubs Might Be A Good Play Tomorrow (Part Deux)

1-0 so far in Cubs game predictions. Backed the Cubs with Big Z in Miller Park last time out. Cubs won pretty easily and I think that might happen again tonight. The Cubs lost pretty bad yesterday to the A's 9-5 and had a horrific 4 fielding errors in the game. Tomorrow night (Wed) is a good/beter spot in my opinion. Cubs have Dempster going who really hasn't been anything great this year with a 4-5 record but then again Gio Gonzalez isn't anything to brag about either. Plus, I like Dempster, I think he's a bulldog and will give you everything he has each game. Now back to Gio Gonzalez. He has given up a total of 10 runs in his past two starts, and the A's just don't like when Mr. Gonzalez pitches on Wednesday, ESPECIALLY if the Vegas boys make them a dog. Check this out: A's are 1-9 in their last 10 games as a dog between +110 and +150. A's are 0-4 in the last 4 starts by Gonzalez on a Wednesday, and a just brutal 17-36 record in their last 53 inter-league games as a dog. That means you get to cash your ticket 68% of the time fading the A's as dogs. And the big factor to me about this is he is a LEFTY. Cubs have hit lefties pretty good this year. They have a .275 avg overall this season against southpaws, and .287 against them in the last 10 games. They are 6-1 in their last 7 games against a left-handed starting pitcher. The Cubs have the edge in starters and bullpen against the A's in this game. Also, Oakland has problems when inter-league rolls around for some reason. They are a miserable 3-8 the last 11 inter-league games. We got Umpire Greg Gibson behind the plate today calling the balls and strikes. This man has treated the home teams particularly well this season. Home teams are a fantastic 11-3 straight up this year with him behind home plate. Home teams are also avg a winning margin of 1.5 runs. If you followed Mr. Gibson, a $100 player would be up almost $800 following the home team. To make my case even more for the home team when he is umping is, Home Favorites that are between -120 and -140 are 4-0 this season. Morning line has Cubs at -135. Makes me feel a little better about this with him behind there. If you have not figured out who I like in this one yet go get your head checked

Just for good measure here are a few other trends that caught my eye. Cubs look really strong here boys, fade or play Best Of Luck my ninjas!

• Cubs are 6-1 in their last 7 games vs. a left-handed starter.
    • Cubs are 5-1 in their last 6 games as a home favorite of -110 to -150.
    • Cubs are 10-3 in their last 13 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.
    • Cubs are 61-26 in their last 87 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.

Chicago Cubs -135

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2587

Went against Cub yesterday and won, like Dempster today, probably their best pitcher! Bounceback game.

EZ

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

when i started looking at the card i was doing everything i could to go against the scubbies, then i noticed a few of the things that i see you have down in the write up, oak def not same on road (esp bullpen) Gio has struggled of late and last but not least the ump stats jumped out, and you went above and beyond with some nice facts i didnt even get into, NICE WORK!! think you got a winner here my friend, was thinking about passing but between what i was thinking and reading this im with it....

check out the ump for the la/cincy game and cincy's bats against lefties as well, think you may see some similarities (except of coarse kershaw is a better pitcher) let me know what you think....
    Last edited by 2daBank; 06-16-10 at 06:44 AM.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

good luck on your next cubs picks

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

good luck my friend!

superman613
    superman613's Avatar Become A Pro!

good write up

GL

midnight777
    midnight777's Avatar Become A Pro!

cubs are such a hit or miss team..

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    when i started looking at the card i was doing everything i could to go against the scubbies, then i noticed a few of the things that i see you have down in the write up, oak def not same on road (esp bullpen) Gio has struggled of late and last but not least the ump stats jumped out, and you went above and beyond with some nice facts i didnt even get into, NICE WORK!! think you got a winner here my friend, was thinking about passing but between what i was thinking and reading this im with it....

check out the ump for the la/cincy game and cincy's bats against lefties as well, think you may see some similarities (except of coarse kershaw is a better pitcher) let me know what you think....
    will look into that my friend, let you know later on today, appreciate the input.

Thanks boze, geebert, and superman!! Let's go Cubbies

Quote Originally Posted by midnight777 View Post
    cubs are such a hit or miss team..
    Very true. Gotta know when to hit 'em

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

Ok see where you are going with this one. Ump is 10-3 for the home team this year. Cincy batting .291 against lefties and a crazy .336 in the last 10 days against lefties. I sort of like the under here too. This ump calls a lot of strikes, 62% of the time to be exact. He also avg's 12 strikeouts a game and out of the 13 games he has umped only 6 have gone over.....Reds and Under?

I will wait another half hour and then decide on that one. Good luck though 2dabank.

walshy83
    walshy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Z, is a pathetic excuse for an $18 million dollar arm. Prop to his agent.

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

Im also on Cubs tonight....GL to both of us!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by walshy83 View Post
    Big Z, is a pathetic excuse for an $18 million dollar arm. Prop to his agent.
    Okay, but what does that have to do with anything in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Duby View Post
    Im also on Cubs tonight....GL to both of us!
    Thanks Duby, let's cash it!

ExposingLines247
    ExposingLines247's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6286

i hope this works out for you here, you def did your hw here lets hope the trends stay true bol

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExposingLines247 View Post
    i hope this works out for you here, you def did your hw here lets hope the trends stay true bol
    Thanks. Worked out last time I did this. If not, I will still wake up tomorrow hopefully

mitote
    mitote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5348

Cubs are a lock tonight!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mitote View Post
    Cubs are a lock tonight!
    wow, for real man? You gotta come in here and use the "L" word!?!?!?!

Phuck me.

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked the write up so much that I put 4 units on it.........GL to us

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBill67 View Post
    I liked the write up so much that I put 4 units on it.........GL to us
    We got it bama!

Congrats to all Cubs backers. This one was too easy

mitote

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post
    wow, for real man? You gotta come in here and use the "L" word!?!?!?!

Phuck me.
    You guys are too funny! The dreaded "L" word!?!?! Phuck me!

Another easy LOCK winner for me!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mitote View Post

You guys are too funny! The dreaded "L" word!?!?! Phuck me!

Another easy LOCK winner for me!
    All I'm saying is you don't gotta come here when I'm already on them and call it a LOCK. Nothing is a Lock mitote. I'm glad we both cashed but I'am a gambler, and I'am a littler superstitious, that's all.....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Nice call again!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Nice call again!

Thank you sir.

Be on the lookout for Part Tree sometime in the near future

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Thank you sir.

Be on the lookout for Part Tree sometime in the near future
    If you can successfully spot when to actually back the Cubs on a regular basis, you should be handicapping professionally.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

If you can successfully spot when to actually back the Cubs on a regular basis, you should be handicapping professionally.

Haha. Good point. But, I won't be doing it on a regular basis. That is almost impossible. I feel if I can win with them by spot playing them once a week I should be okay. I won't release these unless I'm very positive that they should win.

baazigar
    baazigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

i like the OVER a lot

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baazigar View Post
    i like the OVER a lot
    LOL.

This play was from yesterday Baazigar, but best of luck!

mitote

All I'm saying is you don't gotta come here when I'm already on them and call it a LOCK. Nothing is a Lock mitote. I'm glad we both cashed but I'am a gambler, and I'am a littler superstitious, that's all.....
    Like I said you guys are too funny! What other words don't you want me to use?