bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe they are adding seats at Wrigley Field?

Most of you guys here could probably care less about this story right? Well, I respectfully would have to disagree with you if that is the case.

I know 70 seats doesn't sound like all that much, but this is going to take away some of the foul ground in an already cramped enough baseball stadium. My thoughts are rather simple really. This move should only add value to over wagering even when the wind is blowing in.

The Chicago Cubs have received permission to add 70 "bullpen box seats" along the third base line and install additional digital signage at Wrigley Field.

The additional seats had to be approved by a permit committee of the city Commission on Chicago Landmarks, as the city council gave the 93-year-old stadium historic landmark status in 2004.

City Hall approved the changes because "landmark buildings aren't frozen in time, need to be maintained and can be improved while respecting their history," said Peter Scales of the city's Department of Planning and Development.

The changes were approved as Gov. Rod Blagojevich and Mayor Richard Daley mull the Tribune Co.'s request to have the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority acquire and renovate Wrigley Field.

"These will be great seats and, just like the seats behind home plate, will blend in with the architecture and history of Wrigley Field," said Mike Lufrano, the Cubs' vice president of community relations.

Adding new seats to an historic park such as Wrigley is not without precedent. The Boston Red Sox have added a number of seats throughout Fenway Park over the past few seasons, including field-level box seats and a seating area perched over the stadium’s famed Green Monster.

5 star bomb
    5 star bomb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Who cares they have added seats the past couple years also

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I care

Exactly my point 5starbomb. The more they add the bigger advantage their is IMO.