bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Angels get Paul Konerko?

A Chicago radio program is reporting that a deal between the Angels and White Sox for slugger Paul Konerko is all but finished and they're just working on the paperwork.

[ISBRFORUM]Angels[/ISBRFORUM] Get:

Paul Konerko
    Joe Crede

[ISBRFORUM]White Sox[/ISBRFORUM] get:

Scot Shields
    Chone Figgins
    Ervin Santana
    Jordan Walden

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the first I have heard of this. Then again I do not listen to sports radio much anymore. If the deal does go through I really like it for the White Sox.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Wow, that's two big power bats the ChiSox are giving away. Don't know if I'd really favor the Sox in this deal. Santana is good, but is he really going to get better? Shields is a decent reliever, and Figgins IMO is the same type of player they hoped Scotty Pods would be.

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Somthin of this is at ESPN insider, but i dont have it, wish i did

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    This is the first I have heard of this. Then again I do not listen to sports radio much anymore. If the deal does go through I really like it for the White Sox.
    Heard that on 670 The Score today.

MAB
    MAB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2798

Angels could definitely use some power if they want to go beyond the first round of the playoffs. I don't know much about Crede (3B) but noticed he only played 47 games last year. Was he injured? Thx.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Crede was pretty much done in mid-to-late May, and eventually had surgery on his back for herniated discs.

If this deal went through, it would put Fields at 3B -- which is already a done deal in my opinio -- and I wonder if the ChiSox would think about having Figgins at 2B. Chicago already replaced some of the power they would lose in Konerko when they went out and trade for Swisher. Crede won't be on the Windy City's South Side come Opening Day, that's a given.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont think this deal is done.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Amazing how some dillweed at a dillweed paper like the LA Daily Rumor can start a rumor like this with NO FVCKIN' REAL SOURCE named, and it spreads so fast. If you read it in the LA or NY Daily Rumors, or on ESPN (especially out of the mouths of Gammons or Stark), then your first thought should be, "Bullshˇt."

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Why would the Angels want Konerko? I mean Kotchman only hit .296 last season and was a .350 hitter in the minors... one would expect him to up his average, and power, annually for awhile

Also:

Paul Konerko - 1B - Chicago White Sox Sunday Jan. 6, 2008
    White Sox GM Ken Williams said he hasn't spoken to the Angels about Paul Konerko or anyone else since the winter meetings.
    "I have not had any trade discussions about Paul this offseason and [don't plan to]," Williams said. "I think you always have to leave a crack open in case someone approaches you to make your team better, and all [Sox] players know that. But I have not been asked about [Konerko recently]." In spite of the denials, both the Tribune and the Sun-Times seem to think this has some chance of happening

http://allstar.rotoworld.com/scb/lm/...de=&X=5908&Y=0