Puda
    Puda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

FCK. had a 5 team parlay today.. and the CARDS fck it dam.

NY
    Cubs
    NYM
    Brewers
    Cards

valgan
    valgan's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets get it

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by dimon View Post
    I will take LOS late game...they are a very good team at home
    good call

phillybadboy

at least pimike is better than Tennisbabe

Puda
    Puda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Wed Plays:

Rays
    NYM
    NYY
    Red Sox's

blackf1re
    blackf1re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

Guys stop throwing your money away. To quote myself from another thread: "There is no such thing as systems in sports betting. You analyse a game, decide with of the two lines has value and place your bet accordingly. Anyone who ignores that and goes with his system regardless of the line should be auto-faded." And flaming him after the play lost doesn't help either. You have only yourselves to blame if you follow system plays.

There's a sticky in the Handicapper Think Tank that is quite clear as well:

A system is any type of betting that doesn't care what the spread or money line is. If you follow this, you will lose. Please don't clutter up the Think Tank with losing systems.

ji03
    ji03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Like the plays puda

Fred Showpan
    Fred Showpan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

what does double system mean?

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7688

Quote Originally Posted by blackf1re View Post
    Guys stop throwing your money away. To quote myself from another thread: "There is no such thing as systems in sports betting. You analyse a game, decide with of the two lines has value and place your bet accordingly. Anyone who ignores that and goes with his system regardless of the line should be auto-faded." And flaming him after the play lost doesn't help either. You have only yourselves to blame if you follow system plays. There's a sticky in the Handicapper Think Tank that is quite clear as well:
    Excellent stuff!

Grind-It-Out
    Grind-It-Out's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

Guys stop throwing your money away. To quote myself from another thread: "There is no such thing as systems in sports betting. You analyse a game, decide with of the two lines has value and place your bet accordingly. Anyone who ignores that and goes with his system regardless of the line should be auto-faded." And flaming him after the play lost doesn't help either. You have only yourselves to blame if you follow system plays.

But who's to say that systems can't take the moneyline into account?

doubledime
    doubledime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8876

Quote Originally Posted by Puda View Post
    Wed Plays:

Rays
    NYM
    NYY
    Red Sox's

Puda, Just asking, why are your plays in this thread? You could start your own thread and call it "Puda's Picks" Like I said ..... just asking BOL anyway

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Orioles are Triple A material.

blackf1re
    blackf1re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Grind-It-Out View Post
    My understanding of systems is that you compile a bunch of statistics and if stat 1, 4 and 7 are true and stat 9 is between 0.3 and 0.6 then it's a play. Systems by their very nature ignore probabilty and value. There's only 0 or 1. Play or no play. Only when the line is really low like -200 you read stuff like 'the juice is too high'. Now of course that is rubbish again. There is only positive expected value and negative expected value and even a -400 line can be profitable.

Yesterday's play Orioles +1.5 was available from 2.00 to 2.30 (Oddsportal.com). And these are only the latest odds from just before the start of the game. So chances are the fluctuation was even bigger over the course of the day.
    The true probability of that play might have been something like 45% (2.22 decimal odds) so only the 2.25 & 2.30 offers available would have been valuebets. Of course there's no way of knowing the exact percentage. But by not posting the line you get the impression that it just doesn't matter and you should bet because it's a winner according to some system. And to be honest, that's what I read from pimike's responses in his threads. But there's no way in hell every bet of these was +EV as that would mean every single bookmaker had made a huge mistake in pricing up the game and NOBODY has that big of an edge. Quite the opposite. Edges are so small that the difference between 2.15 and 2.25 is HUGE and could mean that one of them makes you rich and the other one broke in the long run.

Hawk007
    Hawk007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3207

Puda = Attention Whore
    Points Awarded:

mkrb77 gave Hawk007 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Keep on doing what you're doing Pimike. You get a play or two wrong and everyone has something to say or they wanna discuss there plays in your thread.

You've proven yourself already.

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Keep on doing what you're doing Pimike. You get a play or two wrong and everyone has something to say or they wanna discuss there plays in your thread.

You've proven yourself already.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

not true - the systems i create do factor the line in some fashion. esp in football. baseball i factor the line in my system when determining if it will be a RL or ML play.

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Grind-It-Out View Post
    exactly

mkrb77
    mkrb77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    not true - the systems i create do factor the line in some fashion. esp in football. baseball i factor the line in my system when determining if it will be a RL or ML play.

No one cares what YOU factor in. This is NOT your thread. Go away.

phillybadboy

Quote Originally Posted by mkrb77 View Post

Hawk007
    Hawk007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3207

Dexter = Attention Whore

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

My understanding of systems is that you compile a bunch of statistics and if stat 1, 4 and 7 are true and stat 9 is between 0.3 and 0.6 then it's a play. Systems by their very nature ignore probabilty and value. There's only 0 or 1. Play or no play. Only when the line is really low like -200 you read stuff like 'the juice is too high'. Now of course that is rubbish again. There is only positive expected value and negative expected value and even a -400 line can be profitable.

Yesterday's play Orioles +1.5 was available from 2.00 to 2.30 (Oddsportal.com). And these are only the latest odds from just before the start of the game. So chances are the fluctuation was even bigger over the course of the day.
    The true probability of that play might have been something like 45% (2.22 decimal odds) so only the 2.25 & 2.30 offers available would have been valuebets. Of course there's no way of knowing the exact percentage. But by not posting the line you get the impression that it just doesn't matter and you should bet because it's a winner according to some system. And to be honest, that's what I read from pimike's responses in his threads. But there's no way in hell every bet of these was +EV as that would mean every single bookmaker had made a huge mistake in pricing up the game and NOBODY has that big of an edge. Quite the opposite. Edges are so small that the difference between 2.15 and 2.25 is HUGE and could mean that one of them makes you rich and the other one broke in the long run.

Post of the month. One of the most informative post I have ever read. Very well put together.

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mkrb77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk007 View Post
    Dexter = Attention Whore
    not nice gentleman

First 123