• The Milestones – Bonds, Glavine, Thomas, Rodriguez, Thome, Hoffman & Biggio

5 38.46%
  • OTHER

1 7.69%
    Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

MLB's Best Story of 2007

My gut -- which is a big part of my life -- tells me that the general consensus would be that the last story of the baseball season with the release of the Mitchell was the season’s biggest story. But what gets your vote for the best story of the year?

Was it the Boston Red Sox winning their second World Series just four years after the longstanding Curse of the Bambino was lifted? Was it their Series opponents the Colorado Rockies and the way their incredible run in September and October?

Was it the comebacks of players like Jon Lester and Rick Ankiel? Was it the strong rookie class that included the likes of Dustin Pedroia, Tory Tulowitzki, Ryan Braun, Delmon Young, Hunter Pence and Brian Bannister? Was it all of the milestones set by individual players such as Barry Bonds, Tom Glavine, Frank Thomas, Alex Rodriguez, Jim Thome, Trevor Hoffman and Craig Biggio?

Or was it something else? No wrong answer here, just what is your pick for the best story of the season. And here’s to a prosperous season on the diamonds for all of us in 2008

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wouldnt put any of those even close to the top. josh hamilton is my easy choice for #1.

mofome

as for the rookies, i dont think this was a great year for rooks, the al class was weak. however, the nl looked pretty nice with lincecum and braun. those kids should be fun to watch over the next 7+ years.

upton, bruce, and rasmus should be fun to watch in 08.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Baltimore O's losing by like 30 runs to the Texas Rangers has to be the one that stands out to me the most.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    The Baltimore O's losing by like 30 runs to the Texas Rangers has to be the one that stands out to me the most.

maybe the worst day of the season for me.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    It didn't hurt my feelings at all, I was on the winning side of that one (Rangers +135). Only thing that sucked, was waiting to the game was over to cash the ticket.

If you remember, that was GM1 of a double header.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I thought it was a solid bunch of rookie hitters...pitchers, not so much. Would love to start a team today with Tulowitzki, Pence, Pedroia and Braun anchoring the lineup for the next 10 years or so. Or have an OF trio of Pence, Delmon Young and Chris Young. Also look forward to seeing Lincecum develop over the eyars. Shame he's in San Fran right now.

My vote went to the milestones. We will never again see that many of those plateaus reached in a single season, and may never again see a pitcher win their 300th game. Plus I'm a very pro-Biggio guy and was so happy to see him get his 3,000th hit yet so sad to see his wonderful career come to an end.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

for me it was the Rocks run, but thats just because i was cashing in on them.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by onlňóker View Post
    It didn't hurt my feelings at all, I was on the winning side of that one (Rangers +135). Only thing that sucked, was waiting to the game was over to cash the ticket.

If you remember, that was GM1 of a double header.

thats ok, we held the rangers to 9 in game 2.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    I thought it was a solid bunch of rookie hitters...pitchers, not so much. Would love to start a team today with Tulowitzki, Pence, Pedroia and Braun anchoring the lineup for the next 10 years or so. Or have an OF trio of Pence, Delmon Young and Chris Young. Also look forward to seeing Lincecum develop over the eyars. Shame he's in San Fran right now.

My vote went to the milestones. We will never again see that many of those plateaus reached in a single season, and may never again see a pitcher win their 300th game. Plus I'm a very pro-Biggio guy and was so happy to see him get his 3,000th hit yet so sad to see his wonderful career come to an end.

i thought the list of al candidates was awful overall. i think this year we'll see some better prospects coming up. hope so. i cant wait for the season.