No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Only like two games for Sunday

OAK -123: Burned me on Saturday night because their manager's a goddam idiot, but I'm back on the A's wagon. Gio's day ERA is incredible. Blackburn has a 6.37 career ERA against the A's, and a 6.44 ERA on the road this year. Now granted, Gio's been absolutely torched in his two games career vs. Minnesota, but he's a much better pitcher now than he has been in the past. I still like the A's here.

HOU +100: I'm trying to figure this line out -- I guess it's because Wells has never given up a run in his career vs. the Astros, spanning 20.2 innings. I hate backing Myers, but the guy's been pitching a lot better lately, allowing just 3 ER in his last 20 IP.

Also still considering Baltimore as a big 'dog, but I'll probably stay away from it.

Not a very tempting card on Sunday IMHO. All of my focus will be on Game 2 of the Finals.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I have already bet some serious cash on Houston at BetPhoenix a few minutes ago

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

I'm with you on the Astros. Good luck!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

It's hard to bet against a guy with a track record like Wells has vs. Houston, but I'm not crazy about looking at stats from prior seasons. Different lineups, different mentalities, different teams, etc.

TheJer
    TheJer's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the winners. i like them

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TheJer View Post
    thanks for the winners. i like them
    We'll see.

At least I don't have to waste my time capping totals anymore -- I'M A FREE MAN!!!

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Not to say Sun isn't a decent bet, but why would you ever bet "big" on the 2010 Houston Astros?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Dodgers, CArds RL and NYY under!

peterw111
    peterw111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

NC

Any over/unders you got your eye on??????????

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I dont know oakland cost me my points parlay tonight. I dont think ill trust them again

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

I also like Oakland at home on Sunday. Their lineup won't scare anyone but they're feisty and patent enough to beat Blackburn. Gonzalez has been much more consistent this year and solid in the am.

Like the over 8.5 in the MIL/STL game. Mil finds a way to score runs against Garcia and Parra ... well ... sucks.

Thinking of maybe a value play on Cle at +140.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Hey fellas -- been away from the computer all day and just checking in. Didn't book either one of these, so looks like another 2-0 day left on the table.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

man why the hell not, what's your deal nc? seems like you rarely bet the plays you post and write up about. you gotta quit psyching yourself out and start betting your shit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    man why the hell not, what's your deal nc? seems like you rarely bet the plays you post and write up about. you gotta quit psyching yourself out and start betting your shit.
    I was going to make the bets late last night, TEX, but I got busy and was out with the family all day today. Totally forgot that I didn't lock them in last night.

I typically like watching late line movement just in case, so my tendency is to wait and do more research vs. making the play at first blush. Looks like I need to change my strategy.

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Not a very tempting card on Sunday IMHO. All of my focus will be on Game 2 of the Finals.
    Did you have a pick for tonight or are you still debating??

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    Did you have a pick for tonight or are you still debating??
    At the moment, I'm leaning pretty heavily on Boston +6 and slightly on the over, which has caught my attention today by increasing from 190 to 192.5. That's a pretty big swing.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

you just need a confidence boost. you had the plays right there in front of you, write-ups and all. i wouldn't call that first blush.

if you're confident enough to post it, you should be confident enough to bet it, because as much as you post i guarantee you people are going to tail you, and you gotta put your money where your mouth is.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    you just need a confidence boost. you had the plays right there in front of you, write-ups and all. i wouldn't call that first blush.

if you're confident enough to post it, you should be confident enough to bet it, because as much as you post i guarantee you people are going to tail you, and you gotta put your money where your mouth is.
    I know, I know. 7-2 on posted plays last two days, yet I've barely broken even on my actual bets. I went through a horrific cold streak last month, so my confidence is still shaky to say the least.