EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's NCAA Regionals/Super Regionals Thread

The College World Series is the more bet event, but gonna roll with some plays in the regionals & super regionals as well. Do what you want with this information.

FRIDAY 6-4-10

COASTAL CAROLINA -8.5 [+130]
    The Chanticleers are the overall #4 seed in the country heading into the postseason. This team is loaded and will be playing with the "no respect" chip on their shoulder. Stony Brook got here by winning the America East tounament, but finished at 29-25 for the season. Their biggest out of conference tests were probably a three game set at Alabama where they lost by 7, 5 & 7 runs. These two teams met last year. Coastal won 9-0 & 36-3. Yep, you read that right. Stony Brook might be better this season, but Coastal might be too.

EaglesPhan36

Well Coastal didn't get their hitting shoes on early enough, winning 6-0.

SATURDAY 6.5.10

LOUISVILLE [-125]
    Cards are hosting this regional and won their opener easily 11-2 over St.Louis. Vanderbilt [today's opponent] went the long route to win by one in 13 innings over Illinois State. This has turned into a big Rivalry over the past season plus. They met in the regionals last year in Louisville with Vandy beating Louisville in a game on a Sunday to save their season for a day, only to have the Cards eliminate them and move on to the Super Regionals on Monday. These two teams also played in the regular season in 2010, a 17 inning thriller in which Vandy won 11-10 in Nashville and this should be a great game and a good revenge spot for Louisville playing a team coming off a long, emotional game in the opener here.. The loser knows they will be just one game away from elimination and Louisville will want to make sure that team is Vanderbilt.

EaglesPhan36

ORAL ROBERTS +180
    Oral Roberts lost a heart breaker to OU in their opener and they face a California team that was in a tailspin down the stretch, including getting pummeled 13-2 by North Carolina yesterday. ORU is a team that can beat anyone on any given day as they were one of the few to beat Texas this season and they did it on the road. Hunch play.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Kansas St. -6 is the best play on the board. Grambling is terrible, I seen them twice this year. They luckily slipt through the SWAC tournament. They have no pitching at all!

EaglesPhan36

Yeah Grambling does look really mismatched in any game they are in.

EaglesPhan36

Damn Oral Roberts really f-ed this game twice. Up 6-1, they blew that lead to let Cal tie at 6. Hit a 2 run homer in the 8th to take an 8-6 lead and now they're about to cough up the lead in the 9th. Sheesh. Had thought about taking the handicap at +2.5 for -145, but went for the gusto. Gotta hope they can get outta the top of the 9th tied.

EaglesPhan36

Homer in the bottom of the 9th to win! What a f-ing rollercoaster.

Record: 1-1 [+0.80]

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice hit with Oral Roberts! What a crazy game...

EaglesPhan36

Record: 2-1 [+1.80]

Louisville, easy winners 7-1 over Vanderbilt.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

It was good to see The Big East get three teams in this year.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

Louisville and Florida State would be a very interesting Supers matchup...

EaglesPhan36

College of Charleston +2.5 [-115]
    Getting two and a half runs on a team that beat Coastal Carolina twice in the regular season by scores of 5-4 and 10-4 seems very tasty. In fact, Charleston has beaten the Chanticleers in five straight spanning the last two seasons. C of C jumped NC State in their regional opener 9-6, backed by four hits from Jose Rodriguez. They got a stellar start from Keven Decker who went a solid 7.1 IP. They broke out to a 7-0 lead in the 1st four innings and then held on late. Coastal got off to a bit of a slow start against Stony Brook, but won behind a dominant pitching performance 6-0. Coastal is a potent team that is among the best in the nation, but C of C will have no fear even going against the Chants on their home field tonight. Coastal goes with stud Anthony Meo who was 13-1 in the regular season. C of C's road map for success was simple against Coastal in the regular season, score early. They had three runs in the 1st inning of one game and four runs in the 2nd inning of the other. They followed that map against NC State yesterday. If they can have some success early and put some doubt into Coastal's minds, they should be able to hang tight if not have a possibility for another win.

EaglesPhan36

Yeah I liked FSU tonight at -130 over Oregon, but there's a lot of rain in that regional so I decided to pass. Louisville is obviously in great shape at the moment.

EaglesPhan36

7 in the 1st for C of C. Noooice. +200 on the moneyline has a definite shot, if they somehow blow more than 9 runs to not cover the handicap well then F me in a Volkswagen.

EaglesPhan36

LSU +2.5 [-130]
    LSU faces top notch opposition tonight when they tackle UCLA. The Bruins have been one of the best teams in the nation all-season in college baseball's toughest conference, the PAC-10. The Bruins took no prisoners in their opener on their home field yesterday, crushing Kent State 15-1. UCLA's pitching staff was second in the country with a 3.02 ERA, but will be up against the defending champs in LSU who seem to be clicking on all cylinders after going through a big swoon in the last month of the season. At one point, LSU was 32-6, riding high, only to lose 14 of their next 18 games. LSU did flip the switch on though in the SEC tournament, winning the whole she-bang as the 8th seed. If you needed a reason to think LSU might have refound itself for good, look no further than their 11 run outburst against UC-Irvine in their opener yesterday, a thrilling 11-10 win in extra innings. LSU turns to ace Anthony Ranaudo tonight who may be back after struggling due to injury. He pitched solid ball in the SEC tournament against Florida and will need to be top notch to give LSU a shot tonight. This isn't the same Tigers squad that won last year with some young players in key roles this season, but they seem to have rediscovered the swagger last year's club had in the postseason. UCLA was nearly unstoppable at home, but when up against PAC-10 teams that made the NCAA, the Bruins went just 6-7. Trevor Bauer, a Golden Spikes finalist, goes for UCLA. He was 9-3 with a 2.84 ERA. If Ranaudo brings his A game which seemed to be rediscovered in the SEC tourney, I think LSU can stick with UCLA and potentially pull off a shocker on the moneyline. Staying conservative, I'll take the handicap though.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I did a 7 team parlay today. 6 of them have already won, just need Arizona St. to take out Hawaii. Pays 3.5X my money. I wish I had played Louisville with ya. Gl to all!

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

appreciate the writeups and selections. will be looking forward to more on sunday.

EaglesPhan36

Looks like good pitching is shutting down good offense. LSU had a chance early to get some runs on UCLA, but couldn't get it done. UCLA up 4-0 going into the 7th. Even if LSU holds UCLA to 4 for the rest of the game, I don't know that they can score two.

Wish I had the balls to take Charleston on the ML. They are absolutely killing Coastal. Sunday will be interesting with elimination games in effect.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

which book are you using to get your college baseball lines?

EaglesPhan36

5Dimes. They are the only one I have seen so far that offers the handicaps. Some books have moneylines up. Seen them at Bookmaker for sure.

Record: 3-2 [+1.50]

UCLA looked really good tonight. I kinda wanted to use them in a parlay, but talked myself into trying another bigger dog on the handicap. Bruins will be a tough out in the Super Regionals if they get there and I think they will.

ji03
    ji03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Yeah I some moneylines at bookmaker and I want them to get them up here so we can bet a little college baseball.

EaglesPhan36

St.John's +195
    The Red Storm may be underdogs in this one, but I think the price might be a little inflated due to the regional opener where Ole Miss dominated the Red Storm behind their ace left Pomeranz. Ole Miss won that one 10-5. St.John's proved in the Big East tournament that it could play with the big boys, beating Louisville twice and UConn. Ole Miss was flat down the stretch and only rediscovered its offense here at the regional in Virginia. They lost to Virginia 13-7 yesterday, while St.John's outlasted VCU 8-6. In an elimination format where anything goes, taking the dog in this one to see what happens.

EaglesPhan36

I'm on the fence about Oral Roberts. Good price at +195, but their bullpen worries me. They've blown leads twice in two days and UNC showed last night against OU that it has a little of its postseason magic back as they rallied, only to lose in extra innings. Definitely think they are the only play to make in that game, but I may sit that one out after yesterday's rollercoaster game from them. Just kind of a feeling that their bullpen may do them in on a day when you'd expect the pens to get lots of action.

Would also say today is a good day if you can be patient to sit back and see how some of the early games go because they set up late games tonight where you may be able to find some good lines on favorites and/or dogs that have a chance to push the action to Monday. I'm especially looking at the winner of the ORU-UNC game against OU tonight. OU has not impressed in this regional, so the dog in that one could be a nice shot later on. Either team will be confident they can beat OU, would be especially solid if either ORU or UNC can have a dominant performance in the early game.

Other potential rematches later if things pan out: Clemson-Auburn & Georgia Tech-Alabama. Love Georgia Tech in that scenario although their price will probably be only useful in a parlay. Also think Florida State will be a strong favorite against whomever wins UConn-Oregon. Should be a decent price too as both UConn & Oregon are respectable teams. Florida as well will be a big favorite against Oregon State or Florida Atlantic. Should be a fun day.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-06-10 at 12:30 PM.

EaglesPhan36

F-ing A, St.John's has 8 runs in the bottom of the 1st and still counting!

EaglesPhan36

Baylor [-150]
    This is an interesting match-up with Baylor battling Arizona for the second time in this regional. Arizona outlasted Baylor 10-9 in the opener with both teams giving the other plenty of opportunities with unearned runs accounting for 40% or more of the runs scored. Baylor tallied 5 in the 9th to almost stage an improbable comeback. Arizona was pounded early by TCU yesterday, but was able to stick around before eventually losing 11-5. Baylor played a solid game in beating Lamar 6-4, taking a 6-1 lead into the 9th. The Wildcats are a very young team and as such, I think in an elimination game I side with the experience and better pitching of Baylor. The big question here is whether Baylor is going to save senior pitcher Willie Kempf potentially for another elimination game should Baylor advance tonight to take on TCU. I'm hoping the answer is no and that he uses Kempf against Arizona because a loss and the Bears are done without one of their best pitchers even getting to the mound in Ft.Worth. I'm going to take the chance that Kempf starts here and that experience carries Baylor through to tonight.

EaglesPhan36

Rice +235
    Rice fought through elimination this afternoon by easily beating Louisiana-Lafayette, 9-1. Since losing to Lafayetta 1-0 in the opener on Friday, the Rice offense has found its groove with 28 runs in the past two games while the pitching has limited foes to just two runs. Texas is the rested team and the homestanding team, but Rice will not be fearful of the Longhorns. They've met three times this season with Texas winning twice. Rice won on their home field, lost by one on a neutral site in Houston and lost by four at Disch-Falk in Austin [today's site]. Taylor Jungmann will pitch likely for UT. Jungmann pitched brilliantly against Rice in the 2-1 Texas regular season win. Still, this line seems inflated even with Texas at home. Rice has to win. Texas knows they can lose and turn to staff ace Chance Ruffin on Monday if need be. Certainly they don't want that, but expect Rice to compete till the end in what should be a competitive affair. Getting better than 2:1 odds just makes sense to me to try.

College of Charleston +165
    The price is again right here to take a shot with C of C against Coastal Carolina. The law of averages might say that sooner or later Coastal will figure this team out, but they've lost six straight to them over the past two seasons and they appear to be the Chanticleers' kryptonite. Coastal crushed Stony Brook this afternoon which gives them the edge of not overusing their pitching staff, but there still has to be a lot of doubt in their minds about beating C of C after the way Charleston beat them up on Saturday. And they know they'll have to not just beat them tonight, but again on Monday. Charleston's offense is clicking with 25 runs in two games in this regional. The formula again is simple to Charleston and that is start fast and don't let Coastal up for air.

EaglesPhan36

North Carolina is +170 against Oklahoma. Going to think about that one. UNC was solid this afternoon in ousting Oral Roberts and almost was able to beat OU yesterday. Pitching is a concern, but that isn't a strength for Oklahoma either. Could be a high scoring game.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 5-2 [+4.45]

Updated heading into tonight's games.

EaglesPhan36

North Carolina +165
    Dogs have been barking all day today and while Oklahoma is at home here, I do not see them as a dominant enough pitching staff to run away with this game. The Tar Heels have found their groove offensively in Norman. If they put runs on the board, they'll hope their bullpen can keep them in the game as they did against OU on Saturday. OU won that one in 10 innings after blowing a decent lead. UNC will have that in their minds heading into this one. Look for the Heels to keep it competitive and potentially push this to a Monday rematch.

EaglesPhan36

Charleston absolutely f-ed themselves in this one. 4 errors. Blew a 5-3 lead and then a 7-6 lead in the 9th. They walked a batter and then the guy who killed them all game slams a walk off HR. Will be a great Monday rematch and lots of momentum now for Coastal finally breaking thru. Shitty beat though. Rice loses 4-1. Great pitching from Texas. Some really good games set for Monday as a result of today. Surprising St.John's gets Virginia again after beating the top seed 6-5. Clemson-Auburn for the 3rd time after Auburn clipped them 11-10 tonight. Washington State looks like they will play Arkansas again tomorrow.

TONIGHT, Cal-State Fullerton looks likely to play Minnesota as they are about to wrap their elimination game up. Home standing squad has to win twice. Even though they have the one loss, CSF will probably be a big favorite against Minnesota.

UNC-OU tied at 2 after 6. Need that one to snag a nice winning day. If UNC wins, it's rematch city tomorrow.

EaglesPhan36

CSF -550, Minnesota +400

Just wow. Yes, CSF is the better overall team. but Minny already beat them once. No way this price should be like this. I'd play Minnesota at +400 simply because it's an elimination game and anything can happen. CSF may blow them out or win a low scoring pitcher's duel, but either way no way you should sweat heavy chalk in this format.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 5-5 [+1.45]

Updated to reflect yesterday's action.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-07-10 at 11:02 AM.

EaglesPhan36

One matinee for action junkies. Charleston & Coastal, Part 3 at this regional. Coastal got the stunning walk off win last night after Charleston crushed them on Friday. Charleston really killed themselves yesterday with four errors that led to two unearned runs. Still, they had a 7-6 lead into the 9th before blowing it. Books added some to reflect Charleston as a +175 dog today. Coastal at -210. I'm going to skip this one. The variables are this: Did beating Charleston for the first time in two years get that monkey off the backs of Coastal to roll now? Is Charleston crushed after failing to eliminate Coastal when they had every opportunity? The dog certainly has the value since Charleston is still 5-1 vs. Coastal in the last two years, but something tells me Coastal is going to get it done on the back end of that emotional win.

Tonight's prices:

Miami -200
    Texas A&M +170

Louisville -150
    Vanderbilt +130

Auburn -155
    Clemson +135

Georgia Tech -155
    Alabama +135

Virginia -600
    St.John's +450

CSF -650
    Minnesota +475

I"ll have to look and see if I can find some pitching match-ups for today, but most of the teams that have not had to play more than 3 games over the weekend, I imagine will probably be using their Friday starters. Should be a great night of college baseball. Definitely see some dogs that have a chance to knock out the higher seeds too. Will probably have a couple plays later.

Slider612
    Slider612's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles Do the Red Storm have any shot at possiably beating the Cavs

EaglesPhan36

Yesterday after their win over Ole Miss, I said thanks St.John's for the money, nice seeing you here. I was SHOCKED they beat Virginia. The thing that plays in their favor today is that even though they have played one more game than Virginia, both teams seem about as gassed on pitching as the other. UVA is probably going with their starter from Friday, Winiarski, who was not great against VCU. The other option is a freshman according to what I have found so far. St.John's I am guessing may simply choose to go with anyone who says they can pitch today and look for a stream of kids to pitch a couple innings each if possible. Both teams have good offenses. At +450, I mean why not if you've got some money to lose. I don't think it's a "great" play, but anything can happen today in these elimination games. There's no point in taking Virginia at -600. Even if the Wahoos roll, that is a bad price to pay in an elimination game.
    Points Awarded:

Slider612 gave EaglesPhan36 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Slider612 gave EaglesPhan36 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Slider612 gave EaglesPhan36 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Slider612 gave EaglesPhan36 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

1234 Last