Slider612
    Slider612's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles thank you button malfuction have some points,Is there a web site I can go to for stats to the CWS?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

NCAA Site: http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-basebl/...sebl-body.html

I usually look at the individual team sites too. Just do a google search for St.John's baseball or whomever you want to look for and you should find it.

EaglesPhan36

Leaning toward Louisville again. Their best pitcher who has not pitched since May 26th because of arm fatigue is starting tonight. Vandy is going to have to piece together something where you'll see a couple pitchers probably pitch a few innings each and then they'll go from there with the rest of the bullpen.

EaglesPhan36

Coastal Carolina is up 2-0 in the 1st on Charleston.

Slider612

Thanks again Eagles,always like to follow the CWS see some good upstarts,remember wathcing Joba when Nebraska was in CWS,not sure if they won it all that year,Pelfrey with Rice.Thanks Again.BOL

EaglesPhan36

Good luck with your plays. Also looking at Miami tonight. Probably have to find something to parlay them with. -200 is above that mark I usually go with, but I think they are solid tonight. They crushed A&M 14-1 on Saturday and then lost a topsy-turvy one yesterday to them, 11-7. They have fresher pitchers though and A&M's best pitcher, their closer, was used for 6 some odd innings over the course of two games yesterday. If Miami gets out early, they may roll big again. May parlay Miami + Louisville. Still thinking. Probably take a chance on one of the smaller dogs, either Alabama or Clemson, probably Clemson is my thinking right now. They had their game won last night to until almost the last pitch.

EaglesPhan36

The early game has turned out to be fantastic. 10-10 in the 9th. Charleston rallied from down 10-8 in the 8th to tie today after Coastal had broken a 6-6 tie in the top of the 8th.

EaglesPhan36

Ahh 5Dimes has brought back the handicaps for today. Would have done a world of good for me yesterday, losing two one run games that would have been +1.5 on the handicap.

Wish they had totals, but they'd probably be getting pounded if people just blindly bet overs.

EaglesPhan36

Coastal wins 11-10 in 10 to move on to the Super Regionals against South Carolina.

EaglesPhan36

Clemson +135
    I like the experience of the Clemson Tigers here if they can shake off last night's unfortunate 9th inning loss to Auburn. I don't think Auburn is going to be effected pitching-wise by having to use a variety of pitchers today because Auburn has been a pitching deficient club all season that often used multiple pitchers to close out the final game of a weekend series in place of one set starter. Clemson meanwhile could turn to Friday starter Scott Weismann who dominated Southern Miss in a 10-1 Clemson win or use him in combination with Casey Harman who shut down Auburn on Saturday. Expect the lefty Harman to see some sort of action against Auburn's lefty heavy lineup. Will be important for Clemson to try and start quick tonight. I think they can certainly get to the Auburn pitching staff, but they don't want to put themselves in a big hole again like yesterday.

PARLAY [-138] (Miami/CS-Fullerton)
    Fullerton should be the easier part of this parlay to cash as they take on Minnesota. CSF had its offense working when they needed it most yesterday [to avoid elimination twice] as they scored 18 runs in two games combined yesterday, while yielding just 5 runs. CSF has gotten brilliant performances from their starters who have all gone at least 7 IP in their four games. They have a rested pen and the better team with experience. At home, I think Miami will get it done vs. Texas A&M after dropping an 11-7 game to A&M yesterday. Miami crushed this same Aggies squad 14-1 earlier in the regional. A&M may have confidence from yesterday's come from behind win, but they are also going to have major pitching issues to consider tonight. They used their closer for six plus innings over the course of two games yesterday. It was a heroic and needed performance, but this squad may be out of gas, especially if the Hurricanes jump out early in their home park.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 6-5 [+2.80]

Clemson rolls to a 13-7 win, yeaahhhh. Alabama also scored an upset. Miami-A&M suspended until tomorrow due to rain. Miami leading 3-2 in the 2nd. CSF in action right now.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 7-5 [+3.05]

Well maybe it will be good in the long run if Miami winds up losing the suspended game, but 5Dimes cancelled that half of the parlay because of the suspension - so just a very small profit for Fullerton winning straight up.

For anyone who gives two shits, I will be doing a little Super Regional preview if time allows me in the coming days. Just helps me when researching and hopefully provides usual info. Love this time of year.

Slider612

Eagles great call on Clemson,thing the SR start Friday I'll be looking for your picks,Thanks Again

Slider612

Hey Eagles,My friend was at the Met game Sunday with his kids reached over for a ball for his 5 year old son,and kinda intercepted it from some other young kid,He said he really didnt realize it,the crowd boood him so he gave the ball to the kid.When D. Wright came out for the next inning he gave my friend 2 baseballs for both his sons.Was never a big D. Wright fan,I Am now,good guy in baseball.The thing was all over the news(sports) here on local stations it was pretty funny.

EaglesPhan36

Super Regional Schedule

FRI-SUN
    Texas-TCU
    FSU-Vanderbilt
    UCLA-Fullerton
    Florida-Miami or Texas A&M

SAT-MON
    Arizona State-Arkansas
    Clemson-Alabama
    Virginia-Oklahoma
    Coastal Carolina-South Carolina

Really good match-ups across the board. Hard to believe last year that only 2 of the 8 Super Regionals went the full three games. I think we might see a few more go the distance this time. Knee jerk reactions with no research I like:

Texas, Vanderbilt, UCLA, Alabama, Virginia, Coastal, Arizona State

Florida-Miami would be a great series, not sure who I'd tip there. Florida did beat them in a series at Miami during the regular season.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Slider612 View Post
    Hey Eagles,My friend was at the Met game Sunday with his kids reached over for a ball for his 5 year old son,and kinda intercepted it from some other young kid,He said he really didnt realize it,the crowd boood him so he gave the ball to the kid.When D. Wright came out for the next inning he gave my friend 2 baseballs for both his sons.Was never a big D. Wright fan,I Am now,good guy in baseball.The thing was all over the news(sports) here on local stations it was pretty funny.
    Pretty cool.

Slider612

I like your Texas and ASU picks,I like going on first tought in tourneys like this.Thanks Again.

EaglesPhan36

Miami rolling today. Too bad I got screwed on the Miami play getting cancelled .

EaglesPhan36

Officially Miami-Florida in the other Super Regional after the Hurricanes blasted A&M today 10-3.

EaglesPhan36

Finally got some prices up for Friday's openers:

Vandy +125
    FSU -145

TCU +220
    Texas -260

Miami +140
    Florida -160

CS-Fullerton +135
    UCLA -155

Only dog I am looking at for tomorrow is Vanderbilt. Waiting to see if the Commodores are pitching their stud Sonny Gray in the opener, if so I will probably take Vandy at plus money. I think they are going to give FSU a solid series and could score the upset.

TCU is a solid team that took Texas to three games last season in a Super Regional. I think they might get one game, but I think Texas is too deep and too talented to be beaten on their home field in a three game setting. TCU won Game 2 last year, if you can figure out their best shot to win a game in this series you could make some good money as they will be +200 probably in each game -- unless they win Game 1.

Florida -160 isn't a bad one to use in a parlay perhaps with UCLA. I like both the home teams in those settings. Florida has the confidence of having beaten Miami 2 of 3 AT Miami this season. UCLA will be looking to flex its pitching muscles with its top 3 studs after Fullerton beat them in a midweek series during the regular season against UCLA's back end guys. Gonna homework these games for tomorrow up a bit more before finalizing plays.

EaglesPhan36

VANDERBILT +130
    Vanderbilt is at Florida State as they open Super Regional play. Vandy surprised host Louisville with two straght wins in the regionals last weekend to score the upset and a spot in this weekend's action. FSU is in the Super Regionals for the third straight year. A big historical stat going against the Seminoles is that they have lost seven straight openers in Super Regional play. They wound up losing 6 of those 7 series and that is in part why I think Vanderbilt holds a big chance to move on to the College World Series despite playing on the road. FSU is starting Sean Gillmartin, while Vandy will reportedly go with #2 starter Taylor Hill. That seems smart for Vanderbilt because if they score a suprise win in Game 1, they throw stud Sonny Gray in Game 2. If they lose the opener, then they have their stud going in an elimination game. This Vandy crew is scrappy and plays well in tight ballgames. FSU's starting pitching isn't as good as Vandy's, but they do feature a superb back end pitcher in Mike McGee. McGee is also the heavy hitter in the Seminole lineup. If Vandy hopes to win, Jason Esposito has to continue to lead the way offensively as the catalyst. Good pitching has kept teams in games with FSU as Oregon lost two tight games in the regionals to the Noles. If Vanderbilt's starters get deep into the games and the Commodores get enough offense, I think they can certainly win a game in this series and perhaps win the series overall.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-11-10 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Price Change to +130

EaglesPhan36

Still thinking about Florida and UCLA and what angles/angle to take there.

EaglesPhan36

FULLERTON STATE-UCLA UNDER 11 [-110]
    Just trying one here. Books were lazy and set all the totals at 11 before realizing they should have had a variety depending on the match-ups. Was going to go with TCU-TEXAS at well under that total, but it was since changed to 9 which is much more appropriate due to the stellar pitching of both. In CSF & UCLA you have two of the top 13 team ERAs in college baseball with UCLA ranked #2, only behind Texas. CSF is a solid hitting club with a .343 avg, but UCLA is ranked #112 at .303 which is almost middle of the pack in the NCAAs. By runs scored, CSF was 35th while UCLA was 102nd. Both regular season meetings ended in single digit totals and UCLA gave up just 6 runs in three games at their regional. CSF gave up 16 runs, but they did play 5 games at their regional. I think if UCLA's pitching can limit CSF some, this has a definite chance to fall under this total.

Will be interested later on to see where this total winds up as more action gets placed on the late games too.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 7-6 [+2.05]

Tough beat on Vanderbilt. Came back from down 6-0 in the 2nd. Had leads of 7-6 and 8-7 to start each of the 7th and 8th innings, but couldn't hold either. Gave up a walkoff job in the 9th. Kinda felt that coming after they blew the two late leads. Looks like today might be TCU's upset day. Up 2-0 in the 6th and looking for more! My alma mater doing me proud. I still think Texas probably wins the series, but getting Game 1 would really put pressure on UT.

EaglesPhan36

FLORIDA -165
    Decided to eat the chalk here on the Gators. At home, Florida went 31-3 on their home field, including 3-0 in the regionals. They also were able to beat Miami 2 of 3 in Miami during the season. This is a young Gators team, but a fearless one with solid bullpen and pitching depth. Even though some of the faces have changed, Florida should have plenty of confidence here as they skunked Miami twice in the regionals in 2009, ultimately eliminating the Canes + their success against them on the road this year. On paper, there isn't a ton to separate the two teams with both possessing Top 25 team ERAs and both among the Top 50 run scoring teams in D1. Last year, Florida was just one of the 8 Super Regional hosts to lose Game 1 and one of three home teams NOT to advance. Look for them to have learned their lesson from last year.

griffdog
    griffdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Tough luck on Vandy, but as a Seminole, I'm very, very happy. FSU's pitching keeps teams in it, but the bats bailed them out yet again. Wish I could have been there to see it, but I did catch it online, and I'll be rooting them on for the win tomorrow while watching the USA-England game.

Very impressive win for TCU. Won't be an easy task to finish Texas off, even with the 1-0 advantage, but they're halfway there. Always nice to see some new blood in the CWS, so hopefully they can do it.

Haven't been doing much betting on the tourney thus far, but if my bankroll allows for it, I'll be getting in on the action this weekend. Love college baseball, there are few things better.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 9-6 [+4.05]

VANDERBILT +120
    Going back to the well again on this one. Vandy sends out their best starter today in Sonny Gray, while FSU counters with Brian Busch. Busch has unimpressive numbers, allowing opponents to hit .273 and the opposition's OPS with Busch on the hill was .830. Gray had a solid season with a 3.68 ERA, but he'll need to bounce back from a poor showing against Louisville in the regionals. The Commodores showed yesterday that their lineup can keep pace with the more potent Seminoles attack. Today with a much better pitching advantage than in Game 1, I'll take another shot at plus money.

Will probably have some plays for tonight's action that I will be chewing on as I travel this afternoon. Should be a solid day of college baseball!

HighFive
    HighFive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

vandy loses, seminoles role... ill be there.. respect your picks though bro

griffdog
    griffdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Forgot that South Carolina-Coastal Carolina was starting so early, otherwise the Gamecocks might've been a play for me. The over's a definite, whoever wins.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    vandy loses, seminoles role... ill be there.. respect your picks though bro
    Not today brutha. I thought Vandy would win this Super Regional and if they had a bullpen in Game 1, this would already be over. Sunday should be interesting! Tough to call on Sunday, but today's pitching match-up I thought gave Vandy a real edge.

Record: 10-6 [+5.25]

EaglesPhan36

ALABAMA-CLEMSON OVER 12 [-115]
    This series figures to be competitive and I think high scoring. Both teams are average at-best with their pitching. This will be especially evident if either team knocks around a starter from the opposition early and gets into the bullpens. Both bullpens are leaky. Jimmy Nelson starts today for 'Bama. Casey Harman for Clemson. Harman was solid against Auburn last week in the only low scoring game of their regional, a 5-2 win. Nelson gave up 5 ER to Georgia Tech in 5 IP last weekend in his last outinng. The Tide got hot at the right time in the SEC tournament and continued it into the regionals. On the road against big hitting teams, Alabama struggled to control the opposition and this Clemson team can pound the ball when all cogs are firing. This may be a Super Regional where the first team to 10 runs in each game might be the winner and might need each run to score the win.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP, I was looking at the lines and saw Arkansas +2.5 at +135. I thought I was using drugs, well I am but wanted to know if Arky was that bad to be +money AND get 2.5 runs in this one. Any way Arkansas keeps this one close?

EaglesPhan36

About to do a write-up on that one. Hang tight.

EaglesPhan36

ARKANSAS +2.5 [+145]
    The Razorbacks get little respect on the road against the top team in the country in Arizona State. The Sun Devils send out unbeaten stud Seth Blair who is 12-0 this season. ASU had an easy time of it at home in the regionals last week against Milwaukee and Hawaii [2]. They won't be afforded that same luxury against a powerful Arkansas offense. The Razorbacks hit .351 last weekend with 15 HRs, 9 coming in their opener against Grambling. Arkansas is led by Zack Cox who hit .427 this season. They send out senior Mike Bolsinger tonight. His experience will help, but his form has to be better. He was beat around by Washington State last weekend in the regionals. Remember both these teams made the CWS last season with both finishing in the last four standing, Arkansas eliminated by champ LSU and Arizona State by runner-up Texas. Arkansas got to the CWS last season by winning a Super Regional in two games on the road in Tallahassee against Florida State. They also beat this ASU team twice last season in Fayetteville. They won't be intimidated by the atmosphere at Packard Stadium. They'll need Bolsinger to pitch well and keep them in this game early. Their offense will always give them an opportunity to come back from deficits. Game 2 with their best pitcher would be the better opportunity I think the get the big moneyline at +300 or better for their best shot at winning a game. They could at least keep Game 1 close and I won't be surprised to see them have a lead at some point in this game.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

On it brother.

First 1234 Last