mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

MacPhail claims that the Os are done till 2008

Orioles president Andy MacPhail said a major move involving Brian Roberts or anyone else is unlikely to come within the next 10 days.

It was reported Thursday that the Cubs and Orioles were close to a Roberts deal. "Zero," MacPhail said when asked how much truth there was to the rumor. "You can put that one to rest. The likelihood of us doing anything between now and the new year is remote."
    Source: Orioles.mlb.com

the os arent doing anything productive? shocking.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The O's are beyond help these days Mofo. Like I mentioned last year in a thread, I think MacPhail will run this team farther into the ground than it already is.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully trading Tejada was a good move (MacPhail's first major move) and the Orioles got some decent talent for an aging and injured star.

I am only hoping MacPhail will trade (anyone and everyone - except Guthrie and Bedard) to repair that pathetic bullpen and get some decent starting pitching; however, Oriole fans will just have to wait and see if MacPhail will change what has become a team that is of need of direction and leadership.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

The O's-'Stros deal won't turn out to be a total win for Houston (like the last HOU-BAL big trade), and long-term I feel it will be good for Baltimore. You really can't believe anything that a GM tells you along these lines. I'd love nothing more for the Orioles to rebuild a competitive team, but the fault to now sits squarely in the lap of bad luck and Peter Angelos more than anything or anyone else.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the orioles have a lot of potential. They definitely have the best starting pitching, next to maybe the Yankees next season in terms of potential. Bedard, Loewen, Guthrie, Burres, Cabrera. Those are 5 great starters. Cabrera is the shakiest, but when he is on, he can be a dynamo. This team finished pretty well last year, after the mazzili firing. Unfortunately, the chances fo them winning the East are slim because fo the intense competition. But count on this team to provide a lot fo value on the betting front.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmmmm, tons of things to reply to here.

1) brian burres stink.
    2) dcab is much more than 'shaky', but hes having a decent winter
    3) the tejada trade was good no matter what these prospects do, get tejada out of here. he complains, doesnt hustle, doesnt play d, is getting old, and makes more than we need to give him.
    4) the prospects in the deal we re fine. no stars, maybe patton will be a decent #3/4 type guy, a decent rp arm and 3b prospect. eh...its fine.

bedard/loewen could be as good as any 1-2 in the league next year if loewen is 100% and has some kinda command. the kid has a great running fastball and can dominate any lineup in the league. guthrie is a great #3. cab has amazing stuff, but hes a mental case. he has no control, he gets flustered, and hes become more hittable. not a good combination. the os will be awful next year, there is no way around it.