zigomanisinsider
    zigomanisinsider's Avatar Become A Pro!

are Toronto Blue Jays best team in baseball ?

look like it doing easy work of rays right now going for sweep tomorrow we find out when next series yanks come into town yanks having hard time with o's at home right now jays did easy work of o's last series

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

get outa here, they are just a solid team to bet on. They get zero respect.

zigomanisinsider

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    get outa here, they are just a solid team to bet on. They get zero respect.
    how yanks blew 2 10 0 leads this year yanks just had man at 3rd 0 outs didint even get home

zigomanisinsider

1 run though 6 for yanks at home against worst team in baseball

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

I'm a Jays fan, but no they are not. They rely way to much on HR's and soon they will likely slump. Bautista and Gonzalez are both hitting way above there regular power #'s (good to see Wells back). On the other Hand Lind and Hill are playing below last years big numbers

As for pitch Marcum, Romero and Cecil look great, can only imagine if they had an Ace like Hallady leading the rotation

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

no...next question

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Seriously...???

zigomanisinsider

jays hit 54 hr in may record 57

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

As a Toronto fan and local, I love the Jays, but by no means are they the best team in baseball. They have a solid rotation and their guys are hitting right now. What's more, is that they're winning games while Hill and Lind, their supposed core guys, are in huge slumps to start the year. Cito and his coaching staff really know how to teach guys to hit and the Jays have a great young pitching staff.

Where they lack IMO is in the bullpen. Gregg's pitching well but they really don't have any solid set-up guys. They may start blowing leads sooner or later.

The bats probably will probably cool down too. Bautista is hitting way outside of his career #'s and will probably regress, although he said he's completely changed his batting approach by getting set in the box earlier, which is allowing him to see the ball better. Wells is a just a powerhouse right now. I'm not sure where his production is coming from. Fred Lewis was an AMAZING addition. Jays always relied on Rios (or Scutaro) but we all know how terrible of a lead-off guy he was. Getting a solid hitting shortstop in Gonzalez was also key as the Jays have always lacked power at the SS. Even if the bats do cool down, it's likely that Hill and Lind will start picking things up as well. The Jays have really learned to attack pitchers, yet they're still managing to work high pitch counts.

You really gotta hand it to GM Alex Anthopoulos who has made some incredible moves in his first year.

By being in a division with the Rays, Yanks and Red Sox, however, the Jays are doomed to perpetual mediocrity. There's almost zero chance that they'll be ahead of two of those teams at the end of the season (but I have hope!). Jays stormed out of the gate last year and completely flopped after that. What's really separating this team from years past though is their ability to comeback and win a game late. It's really boosted their confidence. Too bad nobody goes to watch their games.

But I gotta say that they are really turning heads so far. They seem to be keeping their production up and their starting pitching is solid with Marcum and Romero. Imagine they still had Halladay!?
    Last edited by Panekkkk; 06-01-10 at 08:45 PM.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Panekkkk View Post
    As a Toronto fan and local, I love the Jays, but by no means are they the best team in baseball. They have a solid rotation and their guys are hitting right now. What's more, is that they're winning games while Hill and Lind, their supposed core guys, are in huge slumps to start the year. Cito and his coaching staff really know how to teach guys to hit and the Jays have a great young pitching staff.

Where they lack IMO is in the bullpen. Gregg's pitching well but they really don't have any solid set-up guys. They may start blowing leads sooner or later.

The bats probably will probably cool down too. Bautista is hitting way outside of his career #'s and will probably regress, although he said he's completely changed his batting approach by getting set in the box earlier, which is allowing him to see the ball better. Wells is a just a powerhouse right now. I'm not sure where his production is coming from. Fred Lewis was an AMAZING addition. Jays always relied on Rios (or Scutaro) but we all know how terrible of a lead-off guy he was. Getting a solid hitting shortstop in Gonzalez was also key as the Jays have always lacked power at the SS. Even if the bats do cool down, it's likely that Hill and Lind will start picking things up as well. The Jays have really learned to attack pitchers, yet they're still managing to work high pitch counts.

You really gotta hand it to GM Alex Anthopoulos who has made some incredible moves in his first year.

By being in a division with the Rays, Yanks and Red Sox, however, the Jays are doomed to perpetual mediocrity. There's almost zero chance that they'll be ahead of two of those teams at the end of the season (but I have hope!). Jays stormed out of the gate last year and completely flopped after that. What's really separating this team from years past though is their ability to comeback and win a game late. It's really boosted their confidence. Too bad nobody goes to watch their games.

But I gotta say that they are really turning heads so far. They seem to be keeping their production up and their starting pitching is solid with Marcum and Romero. Imagine they still had Halladay!?

dont kid yourself, ricciardi built this team, and now alex will get all the credit,typical toronto bs

Panekkkk

I ****ing knew that I'd jinx it by saying that the bullpen would start blowing games

Panekkkk

Yeah, along with Ricciardi's gem moves of signing BJ Ryan to five-year 47 mil deal, signing Frank Thomas, releasing Chris Carpenter, signing David Eckstein, giving away Orlando Hudson for Troy Glaus, gave up Jayson Werth for Jason Frasor. JP built a great team but he also filled it with garbage and his failure to get rid of Gibbons, probably the worst head coach the Jays have ever had, was the worst of his offences. Gibbons was like a cancer.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yeah, along with Ricciardi's gem moves of signing BJ Ryan to five-year 47 mil deal, signing Frank Thomas, releasing Chris Carpenter, signing David Eckstein, giving away Orlando Hudson for Troy Glaus, gave up Jayson Werth for Jason Frasor. JP built a great team but he also filled it with garbage and his failure to get rid of Gibbons, probably the worst head coach the Jays have ever had, was the worst of his offences. Gibbons was like a cancer.

Panekkkk

I'm so glad I predicted the Jay's bullpen meltdown 2 blown saves in a row

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

lol funny tread, jays the best team?? just wait 1 month and you will see the end of jays

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

This is the TSN turning point (for those Canadian posters) of their season.......they had a chance to sweep the rays and make a statement and they ended up losing the series because of their bullpen in game 2 and they left their starter in game 3 because they could not trust their bullpen!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    This is the TSN turning point (for those Canadian posters) of their season.......they had a chance to sweep the rays and make a statement and they ended up losing the series because of their bullpen in game 2 and they left their starter in game 3 because they could not trust their bullpen!
    You couldn't have said it any better. Any coming from a Red Socks fan it hurts cause its the same shit year in and year out. GOD DAMN

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

They are a horrible team.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    They are a horrible team.
    Wouldn't call them horrible just yet, give them a month or two then you can call them every name in the book. I eventually got used to it, AL East is just to hard with no salary cap.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

This thread was hilarious

BROOKLYN BOY
    BROOKLYN BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their manager is a complete joke....a good manager would do wonders for this team....that being said they havent had a good one since Bobby Cox....I could have one world series' with the players they had in the early 90's.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by BROOKLYN BOY View Post
    Their manager is a complete joke....a good manager would do wonders for this team....that being said they havent had a good one since Bobby Cox....I could have one world series' with the players they had in the early 90's.
    Jays won back to back Worlds Series' 92 & 93.