BWest
    BWest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1019

Did the Phillies lose their secret advantage?

The Phillies bullpen coach had a pair of binoculars trained on the infield when Charlie Manuel was told by the home plate umpire to knock it off. Since that game, the Phillies have been shutout a number of times and are averaging approx. 2 runs a game less than they had been. Stealing signs is as old as the game and is generally done by the teams own players. Is this the reason for the slumping offense? Or is it the loss of Rollins and Polanco? I know, I know, Polanco has played in a lot of those games but has been hampered at the plate during this stretch after being hit on the elbow during the previous Braves series. Hard to say when things will turn around but my guess is it will take the return of J-Roll to the line-up to spark this bunch. I'm really interested in hearing what others think about this situation.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Def cheating. But Moot. Halladay is King. Gets his first Wolrd Series Ring.

apwmel
    apwmel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3511

No. The Phils don't cheat. They just can't hit anything right now. But they will put it together when Rollins returns.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

No way

BigMama
    BigMama's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every team at different times of the year go thru a slump. Unfortunately for them its the whole team and that rarely happens.

Hawk007
    Hawk007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3207

Stealing signs, sure it happens. But how would I guy in left field with binoculars get them to the hitter. I don't buy it.
    Last edited by Hawk007; 06-01-10 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Sp

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Stealing sign is not cheating. It's a part of the game. There is no penalty against stealing sign.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Natural slump their overall problem. Trying to predict if they'll come out of it as a general team or individually and on a gradual increase or a spike. Cheers

phLLyphan11
    phLLyphan11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phils are really banged up as a team right now. I don't think they expected to be getting serious playing time out of both Valdez AND Castro (both journeymen their whole careers). Give them time and I guarantee they will get back to their ways. Their core players are just too good.

keith22
    keith22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Phils should easily win the east. Their only competition is the braves whose pitching keeps them in most games.

stacks on deck
    stacks on deck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5363

well i hope they dont get it back tonight