Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

MLB Simulator - System test

Well, I have my first ever baseball simulator on the go and the initial results are quite positive. Taking into account the massive sample size I have (not) and the fact regression is a bitch I have NO idea whatsoever how this will pan out.

I can't actually explain the system itself without going into great depth about the sim, which I aint gonna do for various reasons .... other than to say all plays will be underdogs, as is the best way in baseball.

So all bets will be underdogs, just get the best number that I can and see how this baby rolls until the end of the season. I also have no idea how many plays it will throw out, sometimes there is 1 a day and sometimes there is as many as 5. This system will NOT hit a high strike rate I wouldnt have thought but taking dogs and get a good number SHOULD yield good solid results.

Lets see what happens.

Back in a few with todays plays etc

mrkron
    mrkron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

whats the plays

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Six underdogs showing as being good value today - thats not what I wanted to start with, there was only 6 over the past 3 days combined. Oh well, thats what the numbers say so....(For ease of system testing I will just use the numbers from the books on the first page of sbrodds)

Saturdays Plays:
    Baltimore Orioles +177
    Seattle Mariners +116
    Texas Rangers +115
    Kansas City Royals +134
    Pittsburgh Pirates +196
    Chicago White Sox + 135
    Los Angeles Dodgers +117
    Last edited by Squirrel; 05-29-10 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Missed a play off, edited way before gametime

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

GL Mate! Underdogs are the way to go in baseball.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Cheers pally. Dogs are definitely the way to go, its just having the balls and finding the spots to fade the big teams and pitchers.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Edited the post with todays plays in since the Dodgers is also on the list - still a coupla hours to go until gametime in case I get accused of after-timing.

Far too many plays on the list, hopefully its just today and there isnt this many all the time.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Not that hard to do the maths on this one to be honest

0-7 on the day

Ah well, onwards and upwards. Back later with anything that fits for today.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Jeeez....Another 8 plays on the board for today, will roll with it for this week and if it keeps throwing up that many plays then I will analyse and add another filter or two. It seems to like teams that are the underdogs in all 3 games of the series, which may be a good thing in the long run I guess.

Cleveland Indians +270
    Baltimore Orioles +175
    Philadelphia Phillies +117
    Kansas City Royals +270
    Pittsburgh Pirates +155
    Seattle Mariners +141
    Los Angeles Dodgers +101
    Washington Nationals +140

HOPEFULLY there is at least one winner today