Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Yankees runline -115 is a no-brainer.

Hughes 5-1(2.72) on a Friday night at Yankee Stadium
    -1.5 is only -115. Cleveland is a joke. KKKKKKKKK

After playing archrivals and division leaders nearly every game this month, the New York Yankees finally get their chance at the lesser teams.
    Enter the Cleveland Indians.
    Ready to start a seven-game homestand against cellar-dwelling teams, the Yankees look to take advantage of a soft spot in their schedule as the Indians arrive for a four-game series starting Friday night.
    New York (28-19) just completed a 9-11 stretch against teams that have winning records and are no worse than third in their respective divisions. That included five games against AL East nemesis Boston, a three-game set versus its crosstown rivals the Mets, eight total games against division frontrunners Minnesota and Tampa Bay, respectively, and a four-game series with Detroit - in second place in the AL Central.
    The Yankees now get a chance to regroup at home, where they're 13-6, and also play a three-game set versus Baltimore as part of a run in which four of five series are against last-place teams.
    They were denied a sweep of their three-game series at Minnesota on Thursday with an 8-2 defeat, but manager Joe Girardi saw the silver lining of splitting their six-game road trip.
    "We won two games so I don't want to overlook that we beat a very good Minnesota Twins team two out of three," Girardi said. "We didn't win tonight and you'd love to have won tonight, but we get a chance to go home for a while and see what happens."
    One player who appears poised to have a big homestand is first baseman Mark Teixeira. After a 1 for 20 slump dropped his average to .204 on Saturday, he has gone 6 for 16 in his last four games. Teixeira is a lifetime .367 hitter with 10 homers and 47 RBIs versus the Indians and hit three homers against them last year.
    While Teixeira is starting to come around, Nick Swisher has hit well all month. He's batting .342 with six homers and 14 RBIs in May.
    Phil Hughes (5-1, 2.72 ERA) opens the homestand for the Yankees trying to end a slump. After yielding six combined runs in his first six starts, the right-hander has given up nine in his last two and was beaten 5-3 by the Mets on Saturday.
    "I threw a lot of fastballs out over the plate," said Hughes, who gave up four runs and a season-high eight hits in 5 2-3 innings. "I didn't have command of the corners. The last couple outings haven't been good, especially command."
    The right-hander is 1-0 in two lifetime starts versus the Indians and did not get a decision in his lone outing against them in 2009.
    The road may be a good place for Cleveland (17-28), which begin a 10-game road swing after completing a 2-6 homestand. The Indians dropped two of three to the Chicago White Sox, capped by a 5-4 loss Wednesday in which a three-run rally in the ninth inning fell short.
    Cleveland is 9-14 on the road, a record that could be worse if not for Fausto Carmona (4-2, 3.45). The right-hander is 3-0 with a 2.16 ERA in four starts outside Cleveland, a stark contrast from last year when he was 2-6 with an 8.38 ERA in 11 road outings.
    Carmona, though, struggled in losing to Cincinnati on Saturday, giving up five runs and seven hits in six innings of a 6-4 defeat. His only lifetime decision versus the Yankees was a victory April 18, 2009.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/gametra...r;links1728558

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Should be, SNOW, but if Carmona has his sinker working....

Plus, I don't like taking teams on no rest coming off a road trip in their first game back home.

sonnybaby
    sonnybaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

hey snow do u have a link or something so i can see what Donaghy said about the nba game tonight

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notes:
    1) Indians are 3-1 in Carmona's L4 starts vs. Yankees
    2) Indians a perfect 2-0 in Carmona's L2 road starts vs. Yankees

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Thanks for the data Wil. Wasn't that crazy about the line myself but good to know. Cheers

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by sonnybaby View Post
    hey snow do u have a link or something so i can see what Donaghy said about the nba game tonight
    yes, you may listen to a replay here:

http://celticslatenightshow.com/episodes/

sonnybaby
    sonnybaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

thanks snow

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

I'm on Indians in this one, Let's go Tribe!

I'm expecting a letdown for yanks after road trip.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1425

cleveland for me

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

nice write up snowball.. im tailin you homie

Kuhlio
    Kuhlio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

On the Yanks as well!

dume walker
    dume walker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    yes, you may listen to a replay here:

http://celticslatenightshow.com/episodes/
    Snow. Thanks for posting this. Didn't have time to listen to the whole thing, so I didn't get to hear Donaghy's take. Does he have any leans about Game 6 tonight?

Stifler
    Stifler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10391

yankess rl

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Reposting from another thread. Love the Yanks here as well:

Not sure why anyone's giving love to Carmona.

His last two starts against the Yanks he gave up 4 earned runs in each (both in 2009). In fact, he's given up 3 or more runs in his last 4 starts. Unless you think the Indians are going to score more than 4 runs off of Hughes, then they have almost no chance in this game.

Cleveland is also an entirely different team from the team in Carmona's past starts:

- No Sizemore
    - No Cabrera
    - No DeRosa
    - No Martinez / Shoppach

Go back through all of Carmona's starts and count the # of runs/rbis produced by the guys I just listed. The Indians current lineup is a bunch of minor leaguers. After facing major league's best, and fairing poorly, the Yanks will come home to throttle the Indians. Yanks will take at least 3 games of this 4-game series.

The only guy with #'s vs. Hughes is Peralta. The rest of Cleveland's pathetic lineup has barely seen the guy pitch. Choo is the ONLY offensive threat the Indians have and he's hitless in 3 PA's against Hughes.
    Last edited by Panekkkk; 05-28-10 at 02:29 PM.

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the yanks, good luck.

Snowball

Thanks for posting that, panekkk. I was tied up and started to prepare something like you posted.
    Excellent job.
    Guys, Yankees can effectively manage this one at home tonight. Hughes is a stud.
    Friday night at Yankee Stadium they will take this by more than 1.

on an off note:
    Celtics: Glen Davis (Big Baby) to play tonight.
    http://www.celticsblog.com/

Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated joined the Dale & Holley show Friday morning to talk about the Celtics-Magic series. To hear the interview, click on the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
    Mannix said the officiating crew assigned to Game 6 — Mike Callahan, Monty McCutchen and Ken Mauer — appears to be one that will help Boston’s cause. “It will be a liberally called game,” Mannix said. “Just based on the names and what you’re saying, I think that favors Boston. I think they’re going to be able to get away with a little bit more physically against Dwight Howard and some other guys. That’s a good trio, I think for the Celtics.”
    http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/b...s-good-for-cs/

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

yanks after going 25-0 RL have won by 1 their last 3 wins. That was a great streak of cash

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    yanks after going 25-0 RL have won by 1 their last 3 wins. That was a great streak of cash
    yeah.. and the good news is they are still 26-2 on the RL !

Snowball

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice hit brah