Lazyboy311
    Lazyboy311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Hey, Phillies...

4 Reasons why you are now on my "I will not support you until you figure this ish out" list:

1) You got swept, outscored 29-3 last 5
    2) Shutout 4 of last 5, going 0-5 as -120 to -195 "favs"
    3) Pitching last 5? 5.57 ERA 1.52 WHIP
    4) Batting last 5? .186 BA .288 OBP (BA good for worst in bigs in that span. By .017...)

Please get your shit together.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

I am a Braves fan, but make no mistake the Phillies are still the class of the East and the NL... They just came off shitty 5 games yet still lead the divison by 1.5 games and run +differential. It's the Phillies division and league to lose until some other team emerges.. Got to remember this is a long,long season. The teams leading the Central and West right now (Cincy and San Diego) are just posers. However, all this being said there is some chinks in the Phillies armour right now, but they are commited to winning and will make necessary moves before All-Star break. The other teams in the East are competing for the Wild Card and they know it.

Lazyboy311
    Lazyboy311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    I am a Braves fan, but make no mistake the Phillies are still the class of the East and the NL... They just came off shitty 5 games yet still lead the divison by 1.5 games and run +differential. It's the Phillies division and league to lose until some other team emerges.. Got to remember this is a long,long season. The teams leading the Central and West right now (Cincy and San Diego) are just posers. However, all this being said there is some chinks in the Phillies armour right now, but they are commited to winning and will make necessary moves before All-Star break. The other teams in the East are competing for the Wild Card and they know it.

Agreed. They are the class of the division, but just aren't acting like it. At all. For me, it's not so much the 0-5 skid, i mean, shit happens....it's the WAY they are losing. It's one thing to hang a pitch here and there and catch some tough breaks, but they are flat out getting pounded. Pounded, I say.

Bottom line- I still like them as contenders in both division and league, but I'm not going to be laying any coin on them until they prove to me that they can step up, end this shit, and play like the contenders they are.

ElmDiggity
    ElmDiggity's Avatar Become A Pro!

When the leaders struggle (Howard, Utley, Werth), and now Halladay too, the whole team struggles. Howard and Utley are seemingly always in and out of slumps. Getting Lidge back wouldn't help either since no closer is going to help a team that heads into the 9th inning down 7 runs.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Yea, I agree probably wise not to bet them until they turn it around. With them it can happen at anytime. I'll be really surprised if there slump doesn't end with the Marlins and that awful bullpen. I expect runs,runs, and more runs this series.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Everyone goes into slumps when you play a million game schedule...

See: Red Sox.

sonnybaby
    sonnybaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

yep

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

still a loaded lineup will bounce back..no probs