Pedro
    Pedro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4463

Shilling sucks...

Damn I was gonna bet againts Schilling thinking he was going to suck tonight (which he did) but in stead I just put some money on OVER. Well, at least I still made some money. I don't think Schilling will be his old self anytime soon, there might be some good value in that.

Pedro
    Last edited by Pedro; 08-26-05 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Can't spell...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's not exactly tearing it up. He wasn't that good in the bullpen either. Ever since he had that surgery he hasn't been right.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

he'll be fine when it counts BOOK IT !!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Schilling career is over

Something wrong with his arm

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    Yeah, he can't frickin' pitch with it.

why
    why's Avatar Become A Pro!

His location is bad, is confidence is gone, but he still has above average stuff. If I had a gun to my head and had to bet I would be his ERA will go down over the course of the remaining season. Will he ever be the same consistent pitcher, perhaps not!

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being a Yankees fan, I can't stand Schilling or the Red Sox. That being said, I think it would a mistake to say that his career is done.

Senator 7

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    Schilling career is over

i strongly disagree JJ

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7
    Being a Yankees fan, I can't stand Schilling or the Red Sox. That being said, I think it would a mistake to say that his career is done.

Senator 7
    Being a Yankees fan, what's your opinion on their huge payroll? Do you honestly think its fair that they try and buy every world series?

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a Yankees fan because they scouted my grandfather heavily in the 1950s and almost signed him. He was a huge Yankees fan, my dad was a huge Yankees fan, and now I am a huge Yankees fan. Same thing goes for my family with the Packers.

When I was a kid in the 80s, I remember rooting for the Yanks when all they had was Donnie Baseball and a different manager every month. The last 10 years has kind of been makeup time for Yankees fans because of the failures in the 80s and early 90s.

I actually respect the fact that they try to buy the World Series. It means they have a franchise that is serious about winning championships year in and year out. Why would I cheer for a team that doesn't do everything in its power to win a championship? The Yankees are good because they are willing to make the sacrifices (financial and athletic) to be championship contenders every year. Why would anybody not respect that or want their team to do the same?

Senator 7

jjgold

It is true the Yankees win because they buy the titles. It is not coaching, scouting, ect

Not really fun watching them either as they all are very boring personalities

Pedro

I just don't really understand why a team should be respected for trying to buy titles. Personally, I think teams that spend a lot of money trying to buy championships are fueled by obnoxious/bored billionares who have nothing better to do with their money than wanting spend 200 million on a frigging championship ring that they can show off to their fellow billionares. I wouldn't consider that respectful at all, I personally think that's actually quite pitiful. When you have billions, don't you have something better to do in life than sit at the same ball game all the time?

Pedro

jjgold

Recent world series winners prove money does not buy titles

Pedro

that makes those obnoxious billionares look even more silly...