Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marlins 2008 Payroll

Reports are that the 2008 Florida Marlins payroll will be less than $10 million. That is simply unheard of and inexcusable.

Travis
    Travis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marlins

Hey somebodies gotta finish last. No one cares in Florida. It helps the ownership not feel so guilty about it, I guess.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The real sick part is that the Fish get more production out of their talent than some of these other teams do with a competitive payroll. So in my opinion it's rather a moot point Illusion.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Soo basically, Alex Rodriguez could be making 3x the amount of the entire Florida Marlins. Cool.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

At least they have won 2 world series. Cubs spend all that money and never win.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

They do have a ton of young talent tho. . .

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I'd be willing to bet that there's a minor league team out there with a higher payroll than 10 million. lol.

agentwalrus
    agentwalrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being a huge Marlins fan myself, I'd have to clear this up a bit. Yes, our current payroll is somewhere in the 10-11 million range, Andrew Miller our recently acquired pitcher for Miggy and D-Train being our highest paid player at 1 mill and change. Simply put, sources close to the team tell me about the team acquiring a veteran third baseman and a veteran pitcher putting their payroll somewhere around 20 million before the season starts.... either way it will probably be the lowest payroll in baseball.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by agentwalrus View Post
    Simply put, sources close to the team tell me about the team acquiring a veteran third baseman and a veteran pitcher putting their payroll somewhere around 20 million before the season starts.
    Really? News to me, but then I am barely acquainted through correspondence with just one person in that front office, goes back to the BS rumors two years ago when Loria played San Antonio as a possible relocation spot for the Marlins. What part of the front office do your sources deal with?

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

The most underappreciated sports miracle is that this franchise has 2 crowns.