Travis
    Travis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would you trade Ellsbury or Buchholz to get Santana?

I would say Buchholz because pitching is so much harder to assess if a player is going to be good over the long haul. Especially early in a career. It seems from my years in fantasy baseball that you will get a lot of kids that look good early but don't pan out late. Hitters figure them out or they tweak their arm and never heal the same.
    Last edited by Travis; 12-04-07 at 02:12 PM.

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

how bout keep both and let them have lester,coco,masterson and jed lowery?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

If the Yankees offered me Hughes, Melky Cabrera and a minor leaguer, I'd take that over Lester, Crisp and two minor leaguers or Ellsbury and two minor leaguers from the Red Sox. If you can only make the deal with Boston, then I'd take Elsbury, Jed Lowrie and Justin Masterson. I'm looking at this as if I'm the Twins.

The Red Sox are undoubtedly hoping Minnesota takes the Lester/Crisp deal.

harsh506

Oo I would take Hughes too, but I just dont see it happening. I think that Steinbrenner and Steinbrenner Jr. are pissin teams off by puttin up these deadlines. The Twins know that there is no dedline because the Yanks don't want the Sox to have then, but i can just see somthin like the twins orginization saying that they liked the trade, but because the dedline had passed they will trade Santana to the Sox. I think this is a really bad time for sayin you have a deadline when you really dont mean it.

Willie Bee

Excellent point, harsh. The younger Steinbrenners need to learn to keep their mouths shut sometimes.

But if this case, I'm a bit perplexed as to why, if this was the case and Boston is the only team really in the running now, the Red Sox would reportedly add a fifth player to the deal now?

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    I'm a bit perplexed as to why, if this was the case and Boston is the only team really in the running now, the Red Sox would reportedly add a fifth player to the deal now?
    Halos are now in the mix, at least that's what the reports say. All indications are this will be resolved, one way or the other, by the end of the night (ET).

• The Twins and Angels continue to talk about a Johan Santana trade. Many of the same players mentioned in the Miguel Cabrera sweepstakes -- Howie Kendrick, Brandan Wood, Nick Adenhart, and possibly Jeff Mathis or Reggie Willits -- would be included in a package for Santana.

• It is believed that the Angels haven't talked with the Marlins since last night, and Miguel Cabrera is off their radar screen -- at least for now.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Twins must really have faith in Liriano coming back as strong as he was pre-injury 2006

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

How would you like to be a Twins fan? They give up before the season even starts. Whats the point of even playing.

Actionbrett
    Actionbrett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3593

If they give them Bucholtz they keep lester. If they get Sanatana he will get a 7 year contract right away so I BELIEVE that they will have Santana, Beckett and Matsuzaka under contract for atleast 5 more years together which is fine.

Keep Bucholtz and Ellsbury if possible but if one must go the clear cut choice is Bucholtz.

Willie Bee

If I'm Boston, I package Buchholz and Crisp over Lester and Ellsbury.

Actionbrett

I agree

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

if i were the bosox, id try to package lester & crisp w/ lowrie & and another pitching prospect, be it masterson or bowden, or if they had to then bard

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really depends on if Johan will sign longterm. Still under 30, getting this guy for 5+ years is worth just about any player in the game.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

if sox can hold onto ellsbury like i hope we do and get rid of lester then i cant wait till baseball season starts redsox r gna b insane!!

Actionbrett

Its almost certain the Red Sox will go into spring training with either one of these three guys. Harden, Bedard or J. Santana.

harsh506

Well im from the Boston area, and theres rumors going around that the only reason Buccholtz isnt in the trade talks is because no teams want him.

You may ask why?

Well it has been going around that he has become a cocain user and was caught by the team after his 3rd start in the MLB. If any1 wondered why he wasnt apart of the team playoffs, as well as any after festivities, it was because he was in rehab. This has been on the downlow, but teams got a wiff of it and word will soon spread.

If u really think about it, He probably had one of the biggest feats of the season, yet he was not apart of the World Series Celebration or Red Sox parade. Sounds fishy to me

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by harsh506 View Post
    Well im from the Boston area, and theres rumors going around that the only reason Buccholtz isnt in the trade talks is because no teams want him.

You may ask why?

Well it has been going around that he has become a cocain user and was caught by the team after his 3rd start in the MLB. If any1 wondered why he wasnt apart of the team playoffs, as well as any after festivities, it was because he was in rehab. This has been on the downlow, but teams got a wiff of it and word will soon spread.

If u really think about it, He probably had one of the biggest feats of the season, yet he was not apart of the World Series Celebration or Red Sox parade. Sounds fishy to me
    Not sure where you got this info from, but I call bullshlt. If Buchholz checked into rehab, don't you think this would have become public information long ago, especially in a market like Boston? A 23-year-old pitching phenom doesn't just anonymously check into rehab and keep it a secret.

The reason Buchholz wasn't on the playoff roster was he'd already thrown a combined 150 innings between the minors and his time with the Sox, surpassing the threshold the organization had set before the season. The team wasn't about to overuse him and risky injury the way they did with Papelbon in 2006.

harsh506

Ok they didnt have to use him, thats fine. But why was he not anywhere to be seen after his 3rd start. He was one of the biggest local heros around that time, yet he was not involved in anything. Never seen in the clubhouse, never seen at the parade, its like he was never apart of the roster.