bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bonds HBO movie?

I can't believe HBO is going to spend good money on making a movie about this guy. As a HBO subscriber I think thats a terrible way to use my monthly subscription fees. What they should have done with that money was to buy the rights to the UFC instead.

'Game of Shadows' author says Bonds movie in works

SAN FRANCISCO -- HBO Films is planning to turn a best selling book about Barry Bonds' alleged steroid use and the federal government's wide-ranging probe into performance enhancing drug use in sports into a movie, one of the book's authors said Thursday.

Lance Williams, a reporter at the San Francisco Chronicle, said that Ron Shelton has been tapped to direct the flick and will co-write the script with "Tin Cup" partner John Norville once the Hollywood writers strike is settled.

The planned movie based on the book "Game of Shadows" was first reported Wednesday by Variety.

Williams co-wrote the book with sports writer Mark Fainaru-Wada, who recently left the Chronicle to join ESPN.

Much of the book was based on secret grand jury testimony of Bonds and other famous athletes leaked to them by Troy Ellerman, a disbarred attorney sentenced to 2½ years in prison for denying under oath he was the reporters' source.

The book recounts how Bonds allegedly began using steroids in 1999 after becoming jealous of Mark McGwire setting Major League Baseball's single season home run mark the previous season.

An HBO spokesman declined to comment.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

You ain't kidding. I'm not watching that crap. Heck since The Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiasm have ended I barely watch HBO, except for an occasional Inside The NFL.

When is the last time they played a really good movie?

bigboydan

I couldn't tell ya crazyl. The only thing I watch on HBO these days is boxing.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I'll buy you the box set BBD

bigboydan

Gee, Just what I always wanted Owned

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Barry Bonds is a seminal figure in the steroids era of baseball. Who else were they going to pick?