nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mariners - 1 1/2 +180

I really love this play taking back the +180 tonight. The Mariners should roll the Blue Jays tonight IMO.

The Mariners start Doug Fister tonight. Even though Lee and Hernandez get all the hype, it is Fister who has been the Mariners most consistent starter this year. He comes in with a 1.72 ERA and a 3-1 record despite getting very little run support from the Mariners offense all year long. Fister has not had one single bad outing all year long and that wont change tonight going against this Blue Jays offense.

The Blue Jays offense is very weak. The only real threat they do have is Vernon Wells who is batting .310 on the year and does bring some power. I think one reason for Fister's success is that he is a smart pitcher. Knowing that Wells is the only guy in this lineup that can really beat him, Fister will stay away and not give Wells much to hit.

The rest of the Jays lineup is very bad. Their leadoff hitter Lewis bats .280 which is decent but not good for a leadoff man, then Hill at .173, Lind bats 3rd at .225, then Wells. Overbay bats 5th and hits .181 for the season, Then come the 6-9 spots averaging .241, .243, .278, and .150.

This is just not a very good offense, it only has 2 guys batting .280+ and only 1 real power hitter. I think this is a lineup that Fister will have very little trouble with.

The Jays start Brett Cecil. Cecil has only had 1 good outing this season and even with that good outing his ERA is 5.46. He has 5 starts and only 28 IP averaging about 5 1/2 innings per start. So there is a very good chance that we will see the Jays bullpen in this game by the 5th or 6th inning tonight.

Now for sure the Mariners offense has struggled mightily this year, but there have been spots where they have done some damage. I think this is a great spot for the Mariners bats to get it going against a bad pitcher in Brett Cecil. Since firing their hitting coach and hiring a new one, the Mariners have scored 38 runs in 9 games. That isnt great at 4 1/3 per game, but its a vast improvememt over what they had been scoring.

I just think that after the Mariners horrid start we continue to get really good prices on this team. This is great value at +180 on the runline. I mean who would have expected Fister with a 1.72 ERA to be basically a pick em against Cecil and his 5.46 ERA ? This is clearly a line that is shaded heavily to the Blue Jays as a result of how poorly the Mariners offense played the first month of the year.

As soon as the Mariners offense gets it turned around, this is probably going to be a great team to ride for a while until the linesmakers adjust and the value goes away. i think the turnaround has already begun and that can be seen in the Mariners run production over their last 9 games.

I think the Mariners on the Money Line is a great play but I will leave that alone and go for the +180 payout on the run line as I believe the Mariners not only win this game but do so rather easily.

Good Luck on all plays.

richyrich8478
    richyrich8478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i like it

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks. I think the Mariners win this be 2 + pretty easily