Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Best value plays for Monday?

The key to being successful in gambling is finding the best odds for your money, so I was wondering what everyone else thought on the games today. I don't see too many value underdogs today, but my two that I do like are:

1. Boston +180
    2. KC +121

Any time I see a team like the Red Sox at nearly 2 to 1, I look deep into that game because +180 seems like great odds even if they are playing in New York. As for the Royals lean, this has to do more with the fact that the Orioles have no business being this big of a favorite. Also, Davies has shown promise at some points this year.

I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on these leans, and get some insight into some other possible high value plays for the day. Another possibility I see, is Atlanta -1.5 (+150). I like them to torch the Mets tonight.

metsfa89
    metsfa89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

i agree with all of those. Boston is to scary with dicek on the mound for me but yea all of those plays are good value. i would take the royals as well.

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Value doesn't always have to be an underdog. It is simply when a team's odds of winning exceed the odds they are given.

Pluthero
    Pluthero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

1. Boston - I think this is a great value pick, and I'm on it as well.
    2. KC - You're right that Davies has shown promise, but Bergesen's gone a combined 14.3 innings his last two starts while only allowing 1 run. I pretty much agree with the line here.

My other value play is Cleveland +175.

swaindexter
    swaindexter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4563

Like the plays for today11 Good luck on your wagers.......

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Astros

tzMoney
    tzMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also like Cleveland today. Carmona (3.43 ERA) has found previous success pitching against the Rays holding their lineup to a .138 hitting average. http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=6356

Niemann (2.27 ERA) has pitched well this year. The Indians bats are always a crapshoot, but the 6 Indians players that have faced Niemann hit for .455 collectively in 11 total at bats.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=6243

The Rays are going to be focused on the upcoming series against the Yankees. This might just be a perfect storm to squeeze out a win for CLE.

Dukebluejms

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTim View Post
    Value doesn't always have to be an underdog. It is simply when a team's odds of winning exceed the odds they are given.
    \

Oh I know, but this is just how I usually bet baseball.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbruins View Post
    Astros

Other value plays today, IMHO:

Blue Jays +106
    Nationals FF +140 (fading Lohse)
    Indians +180

Dukebluejms

I like Cleveland as well, and at 2 to 1 money I think it deserves a small wager. But I think if it came down to it, I'd play Boston over Cleveland. Honestly, I like the Braves RL the best of any of my plays listed.

dolphan34
    dolphan34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I like the Royals a lot as well. Good call.

landers781
    landers781's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

What do you guys think about the White Sox?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by landers781 View Post
    Both pitchers have been throwing better lately. Under is the play IMHO.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8069

I took both of those but not Atlanta !!

tzMoney

Not big on Atlanta today. I think the Mets have a good rebound series after playing the Marlins. Pelfrey should have a decent outing.

Dwell
    Dwell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Sizemore out for the Tribe

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

looks good guys thanks

Donkwin47
    Donkwin47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Tigers = value favorite.

Dukebluejms

Quote Originally Posted by landers781 View Post
    Garcia has been pitching better as of late. This is a play I might consider. Aside from his one bad start in Toronto, Garcia has been pretty good. Not to mention the Tigers are just 3-6 in Porcello's last 9 starts...

lincecum
    lincecum's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Rockies today.

Point Given
    Point Given's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like the Angels tonight at +149. Kazmir has a career ERA of 2.05 vs Texas while Hollands career ERA vs Angels is 5.26.

Hollands was pretty sharp in his first start but I think he will get rocked tonight. Texas did not play well in Toronto and had a long flight back home. I think +149 for the angels is way too high....

GL!

Dukebluejms

Quote Originally Posted by tzMoney View Post
    Not big on Atlanta today. I think the Mets have a good rebound series after playing the Marlins. Pelfrey should have a decent outing.
    The Braves pretty much own the Mets in Atlanta, and I think they will be looking for revenge after the sweep in New York. Lowe has been bad, but he looked good in his last start and has been steadily improving. Pelfrey, on the other hand, has been regressing. After a great start, he has come back down to earth. The Mets are in a bad way right now, and I think it will continue. Here is what I see:

1. The Mets' offense is bad on the road, especially against RH starters (.216 team avg only 3.5 runs per game)
    2. Their pitching has been bad on the road (starter's era over 6)
    3. The Braves' offensive struggles have been well documented, but the majority of their struggles have come on the road and against left handed pitching (vs. righties they have a team batting avg of .276 and are scoring nearly 6 runs per game). They are loaded with lefties and they tend to feast on right handed hitting.
    4. Pelfrey struggles with his control, and usually pitches his way out of games by the 6th. The Braves lead the majors in walks drawn, and have been doing better hitting with men on base.

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebluejms View Post
    The Braves pretty much own the Mets in Atlanta, and I think they will be looking for revenge after the sweep in New York. Lowe has been bad, but he looked good in his last start and has been steadily improving. Pelfrey, on the other hand, has been regressing. After a great start, he has come back down to earth. The Mets are in a bad way right now, and I think it will continue. Here is what I see:

1. The Mets' offense is bad on the road, especially against RH starters (.216 team avg only 3.5 runs per game)
    2. Their pitching has been bad on the road (starter's era over 6)
    3. The Braves' offensive struggles have been well documented, but the majority of their struggles have come on the road and against left handed pitching (vs. righties they have a team batting avg of .276 and are scoring nearly 6 runs per game). They are loaded with lefties and they tend to feast on right handed hitting.
    4. Pelfrey struggles with his control, and usually pitches his way out of games by the 6th. The Braves lead the majors in walks drawn, and have been doing better hitting with men on base.
    Nice write up man ... may have to give it a shot.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

as much as it kills me to say it wash +145 against stl is really a solid value bet as stl is hitting like straight shit and fukkin Loshe is pitching, dont see much reason why the nats cant touch loshe up for some runs and him being -150 with the way we are swinging the bats is fukkin ridiculous....

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Quote Originally Posted by Dwell View Post
    Sizemore out for the Tribe
    so what. Sizemore has like a .215 BA

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Quote Originally Posted by tzMoney View Post
    I also like Cleveland today. Carmona (3.43 ERA) has found previous success pitching against the Rays holding their lineup to a .138 hitting average. http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=6356

Niemann (2.27 ERA) has pitched well this year. The Indians bats are always a crapshoot, but the 6 Indians players that have faced Niemann hit for .455 collectively in 11 total at bats.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=6243

The Rays are going to be focused on the upcoming series against the Yankees. This might just be a perfect storm to squeeze out a win for CLE.
    Carmona's numbers are deceiving. His lifetime ERA vs. TB is over 7. His numbers look good on the surface because HE GOT PULLED IN BOTH HIS STARTS vs. TB in which he gave up a combined 9 RUNS in two starts. Most of the hits were attributed to his relievers which is why it looks like he has great numbers vs TB. No Sizemore tonight either.

kidk
    kidk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

i like these 2 picks 2

baazigar
    baazigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

i like the nats

tzMoney

Yo Duke - Good analysis -- after doing some more research I'm staying away from FLA v. ATL.

I like the Jays at home against the Twins, I also think that the over 9.5 is a great play. The Jays owned Slowey this year batting .500 in 44 AB's with 11 RBI's and 4 homers. Eveland hasn't been much better giving up a .292 on base percentage in his last start against the Twins.

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Liking the Padres ML... Richard has been a beast at home