No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Three plays I like for Wednesday

Had a disastrous night tonight, so you might want to fade away:

Cubs-Pirates over 9: I went with the over here and got burned earlier today, but I still think it was the right call. 16 hits and 17 LOB. Over cashes tomorrow with a still-rusty Lilly going against Charlie Morton, who could be the worst starter in MLB. Only the Pirates would give this bum another turn in the rotation.

Cleveland -120: Law of averages catches up to the Jays here, who are 8-3 on the road and going for a three-game sweep at the Jake against a pretty solid pitcher in Carmona. Morrow's been much better lately after a rocky start, but he's got a lousy road track record.

Kansas City +120: You mean I get plus money on a team who has traditionally pounded a washed-up pitcher like Freddy Garcia, who's as bad now as he's ever been? Thank you. Bannister's career numbers aren't great against CHW, but he's had three quality starts out of four this season, including Detroit and Tampa on the road.

BOL to everyone. I need a bounceback day, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Adding PHI +108 at home....

Granted, backing Kendrick doesn't appear to be a very smart decision at first glance. But he's 3-0 lifetime against STL with an ERA of 2.25.

This is more a fade of Penny than anything else. The guy's due for a correction; he's given up 24 hits in his last three starts, but miraculously, only 5 runs. Not a good road pitcher traditionally, either.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

One more:

Dodgers-Brewers over 9.

I don't love this play as much as I did before the 11-6 game tonight (not a big fan of taking an over after a big over), but I still think it hits.

Doug Davis has given up 38 hits in 22 IP this year (an astronomical number), and Billingsley's been far from lights out if he isn't facing the Pirates. I still think this game manages to get into the 10-11 run range, even after tonight.

tbone40143
    tbone40143's Avatar Become A Pro!

gota agree with the cubs over!!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

like the cle play, fading Penny is a mistake, wouldnt put to much into his historical numbers on the road but if you do i would think you would give some weight to the fact he has pitched very well in Philly, not sure about that correction shit either as its easy to give up a lot of hits when they singles and you are inducing a lot of ground balls...gl with your plays (except Philly)

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

I like the Indians/Jays under the best actually.. Kulpa behind the plate is a huge under umpire.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by eatdust11 View Post
    I like the Indians/Jays under the best actually.. Kulpa behind the plate is a huge under umpire.

im playing that as well

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by eatdust11 View Post
    I looked at that one, and honestly, if I'm going to back Cleveland, I might as well take it. The chances of the Indians winning a 7-5 slugfest here ain't great.

Patrickz0rs
    Patrickz0rs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

Can't go against the White Sox!

Afrot69
    Afrot69's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck on the wednesday card

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

good luck to you

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck . pitt is under 3 1/2 in 16 of 26 games. may play tandem bet of pitt under and game over.

i like toronto, morrow has fanned 25 guys in his last 19 innings going against a team struggling to get extra base hits. jays have 41 homers and cleve has 14.

k.c. looks good may be a home run shoot out

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

good luck

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck, I am about done with totals, I'm cursed on 'em. Great rationale though on your plays

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Look good.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Thanks, fellas.

Adding Mets (like the line movement) and Tigers (just a hunch) small on the ML.