bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Triple-A Toledo makes contract offer to A-Rod

I think A-Rod should jump at this offer.

Triple-A Toledo makes playful contract offer to A-Rod

TOLEDO, Ohio -- Alex Rodriguez a Mud Hen?

Spurred by an offhand remark from George Steinbrenner's son, the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens want in on the A-Rod sweepstakes.

The Mud Hens playfully offered the prize free agent a deal Thursday -- a contract proposal that includes a bonus for hitting 75 home runs next year and leading them to 10 straight International League titles.

Rodriguez recently opted out of his $252 million, 10-year contract with the New York Yankees. That prompted Hank Steinbrenner, son of the Yankees owner, to tell the New York Times: "Does he want to go into the Hall of Fame as a Yankee, or a Toledo Mud Hen?"

The Mud Hens conjured up an offer to find out, said Jason Griffin, a spokesman for the Detroit Tigers' top farm team.

Toledo created a Hall of Fame plaque of Rodriguez wearing a Mud Hens hat and sent a letter to his agent, Scott Boras.

The deal stipulates that Rodriguez will have to compete for a spot with Toledo third basemen Mike Hessman, the league's most valuable player last season.

"Would your client be willing to play a different position?" the letter asked.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

crist.. that's all we need here...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Compete for the 3rd base spot.

"Would your client be willing to play a different position?"

That is some funny stuff.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I was A Rod I think I would play one year with Toledo just for the fun of it. LOL

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    If I was A Rod I think I would play one year with Toledo just for the fun of it. LOL
    Ya, That will happen when he's 95 and the Toledo is trying to break Buck Owens oldest man to bat in baseball record.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Ya, That will happen when he's 95 and the Toledo is trying to break Buck Owens oldest man to bat in baseball record.
    How old was Buck Owens?