I bet all you old Brooklyn Dodgers fan hate this news, and I can't say I blame you one bit either. Why in the world O'Malley wrenched that profitable team out of a New York market was absolutely dumb!

Dodgers hope to play at Coliseum to celebrate anniversary

LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers may return to the Los Angeles Coliseum, site of "Moon Shots," for one game next season.

If it works out, the game will be part of the team's 50th anniversary in Los Angeles.

"We're just hoping to add it to a list of things we want to do to celebrate," Dodgers spokeswoman Camille Johnston said Friday.

The Dodgers played in the Coliseum for four years after moving west from Brooklyn in 1958. They shared the stadium with football tenants Southern California, UCLA and the Los Angeles Rams. The baseball team moved to Chavez Ravine when Dodger Stadium opened in 1962.

The football field at the Coliseum makes for a strange baseball configuration. When the Dodgers played there, they installed a 42-foot screen in left field to compensate for the foul pole being only 250 feet from home plate.

Wally Moon, a lefty-hitting outfielder for Los Angeles, developed a knack for hitting the ball high enough to clear the screen, thus his "Moon Shots."

If the Dodgers are to play a game in the Coliseum, there are obviously a number of logistical hurdles to overcome, Johnston said.

She said other plans for the celebration include the team entering a float in next year's Rose Parade, getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, commissioning an artist to create a painting commemorating the 50 years in Los Angeles and holding celebrations to mark each of the decades in the city.