bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Tigers and Braves make the first trade of the offseason

Atlanta Braves trade Edgar Renteria to the Tigers for Jair Jurrjens and Gorkys Hernandez.

I think this was a great move for the Braves getting these two top notch prospects.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Sorry to see Edgar go. He did a great job for the Bravos. But Escobar played so well in Edgar's absence, I suppose it was inevitable.

[start soap box rant]Braves need to fix the starting rotation if they expect to compete in the NL East next year. When they won year after year after year it was because they had the best starting pitching in the National League. Simple as that really. [end soap box rant]

Now, it's Smoltz (who isn't getting any younger BTW), Hudson, and Larry, Moe, and Curly rounding out the rotation. And please no one mention Mike Hampton coming back. I just don't want to hear it. So, if the Braves want to challenge the Phillies and the Mets...FIX THE STARTING ROTATION.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

dumb move for the Tigers...JJ was a young and solid pitcher. ER is in the downward portion of his career.

drftrader
    drftrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Sorry to see Edgar go. He did a great job for the Bravos. But Escobar played so well in Edgar's absence, I suppose it was inevitable.

[start soap box rant]Braves need to fix the starting rotation if they expect to compete in the NL East next year. When they won year after year after year it was because they had the best starting pitching in the National League. Simple as that really. [end soap box rant]

Now, it's Smoltz (who isn't getting any younger BTW), Hudson, and Larry, Moe, and Curly rounding out the rotation. And please no one mention Mike Hampton coming back. I just don't want to hear it. So, if the Braves want to challenge the Phillies and the Mets...FIX THE STARTING ROTATION.

SO agree with that. Pitching is what let them down this year. Mike Hampton....is he still around?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by drftrader View Post
    Mike Hampton....is he still around?
    I'm not sure what the latest story on him is. The last I heard is that he was out all last year with a rotator cuff problem I believe.