nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Livian Hernandez + 140

This is a great price on a pitcher that has thrown the ball very well this year.

I have to love the Nationals +140 tonight against the Cubs as the Nationals have been playing better ball so far this year than any year in their History. Even though the Cubs do come in on a 4 game winning streak, this is a very suspect offense IMO. I believe Hernandez will handcuff this offense.

Hernandez so far this season has started 3 games and pitched 24 innings. That is an average of 8 innings per start, quite amazing. He also has managed an ERA of 0.75, giving up only 2 Earned Runs in those 3 starts.

The Cubs start Tom Gorzellany tonight. He is 0-2 in his 3 starts and more importantly has only thrown 15 innings in those 3 starts for an average of 5 innings per start. So we could probably expect to see a lot of the Cubs bullpen tonight after the Nationals knock Gorzellany out. He has also given up 7 Runs in 15 innings compared to 2 runs in 24 innings for Hernandez.

Now I know a lot of people dont like to bet on the Nationals because this team has been very bad pretty much every year, but this is a different Nationals team at least so far this season. They do have some power in the lineup with ex-Red Adam Dunn. The Nationals also have some good batting averages this year.

Lead Off Hitter Morgan is hitting .295 so far this year, and if he gets on the Nationals score him 40% of the time. Catcher Guzman batting thrid hitting almsot .300 as well. Then comes Adam Dunn in the clean up spot. He is not hitting for a great average but he is always capable of going deep or for the extra base hit as he did last night with a double.

Then in the 5th spot comes Willingham hitting .317 and with 12 RBI already this year. He is on pace for over 100 RBI hitting in the 5th spot which is relatively unheard of. Admittedly the bottom 4 hitting 6 through 9 are not too great as is thecase with most teams.

However when I look at the Cubs offense, there really isnt anything that strikes fear in me. I believe this is a very weak offense and the Cubs have only managed to play close to .500 ball with great starting pitching.

The Cubs only managed 3 runs off of Lannan last night. Lannan is probably the Nationals worst starting pitcher with a near 6.00 ERA, which was actually brought under 6 last night with his best outing of the year holding the Cubs to just 3 runs and 5 hits in 6 innings.

Tonight the Cubs face an entirely different challenge. Hernandez is throwing the ball probably better than any pitcher in baseball thus far and he is also turning in 8 inning + performances. I think getting Hernandez at +140 is a gift.

Good Luck on all plays.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

very cold at Wrigley....

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

I post this play and immediately The Greek raises the price to +143.

The Greek knows better than anyone how bad my capping sucks.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Currently 48 degrees in Chicago

Currently 51 Degrees in Washington

Currently 50 degrees here in Seattle

Currently 44 degrees in Cleveland

Currently 47 Degrees in Detroit

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

2-0 Nationals.

Livian hasnt given up more than 2 runs total all year.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

3-1 top 9.

How can you give Livian +140 the way he is pitching ?

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Because he is still livan!

azn624
    Update your status
    azn624's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    Because he is still livan!
    but you can't deny how well he has been pitching all year so far. In the end he will probably become an average pitcher again but he's still pitching great at the moment.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

he is locating the ball very well.I made lots on Wash/Under.Called the exact score in the other thread

bass7
    bass7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2172

When I first saw the line where I bet (bet365) Washington was at +150 immediately parlayed it with the over in the Pit/ Mil game.... got lucky that Pitt scored 5 runs in the top of the 9th

Agreed that Livan has been pitching amazing this season so far, lost to Linescum last start giving up only 2 runs

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call!

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Nice shot, Congrats!