bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you guys factor this into your series bets?

When they go back to Colorado either Ortiz or Youkilis won't play. Now I have heard rumors that Lowell might be the odd man out, but never the less.

I for one looked at this very extensively myself, and I'm curious as to just how much did you factor this into your capping?

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Die hard Boston fan here, word around the camp fire is indeed that Lowell will be the odd guy out... but I personally think it will be split between Youk\Lowell with Youk replacing Ortiz defensively if we get a lead.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I would go with the defense on the field and sit Ortiz, and look to take the lead. If you fall behind, you can always pinch hit Ortiz for either Lowell or Youk.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I don't fully understand these lineup changes due to NL & AL rules. I rarely look at the lineup...primarily focus on starting pitcher and bullpen. Rockies should win at least 2 of the 3 games at Coors Field.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    I don't fully understand these lineup changes due to NL & AL rules.
    No DH in the National League, so they have to do something with David Ortiz if they want his bat in the lineup. But his defense is suspect. Lowell and Youk are great fielders and aren't bad bats themselves.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

They should alternate Ortiz and Youkolis, but keeping Ortiz' bat out of the lineup will be tough.

Zeroed
    Zeroed's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, but i wish i would have taken the Sox for the series..was thinking about it, but chickened out

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'm guessing that Francona won't really make a decision until after tonight's game. If Boston is up 2-0, then I could see the Sox sitting Papi to start Game 3 and using him as a pinch-hitter, maybe to try and suck Rocks reliever Brian Fuentes into action earlier than Hurdle might want to use him.

If Colorado comes back to knot the Series this evening, Francona will almost have to start Ortiz. Youkilis has been hot, but I think Youk would sit and some in as a defensive replacement for Ortiz. Also depends how Colorado's rotation goes after Game 3. If they're down 0-3, Hurdle could bring Francis back for Game 4, and with him being a lefty and if they had the 3-0 lead, I could see Francona sitting Ortiz in that situation.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

i wouldn't take youk out at all right now the way he is hitting and playind defense. guy is a stud. i would sit ortiz.