Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

BoSox on the Ropes???

I know it's just two games to one and I know Boston came back from 3-0 down to the Yanks back in 2004...but all the pressure is on Boston tonight with Wakefield on the mound with a bad back and not having pitched well recently.

Everybody said the Yanks would rip Byrd a new one last week and it didn't happen.

Is it starting to feel like the Indians year??

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Yes they need to win tonight, and i think they will.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Seems like they can't hit the ball now. They did have a couple spells of offensive drought during the reg. season. Can't pitch Beckett everyday. Wouldn't be a shocker if Byrd pitches his a$$ off tonight.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Its 2 games to 1, lets not throw dirt on the coffin yet.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Taking Boston again tonight.

later

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Red Sox are done if they lose tonight. I think the series will go back to Fenway but the Indians will still win in 6 or 7 games.

JBC77

I don't know about Wakefield here. Last time the guy pitched a decent game was August 25th against the White Sox. Last time he started a game was September 29th....thats close to 3 weeks since his last time on the mound.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Anytime the guy pitches it hit or miss. I would have the bullpen ready.

JBC77

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    Anytime the guy pitches it hit or miss. I would have the bullpen ready.
    I agree 100%. Hit or miss. Sometimes the guy is very hard to hit. I'm just curious on how the layoff will affect him.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

said it all year about Boston. They rely on Papi/Manny on the road to win...if they don't produce, Boston is done on the road...

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

A couple of you gave your picks, but who is everyone else backing tonight? After betting against the Indians for most of their first two series, I'm backing them tonight.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

if Wakefield pitches they will lose tonite....he hasn't pitched in a few weeks...I can't trust Wakefield on the road here....he's rusty...yes, Boston needs this game...but so did the Yankees in game 4 at home and once they fell behind 4-0 it was over....if Boston falls behind early by 3-4 runs it's over...if they decide at the last minute to start Beckett, I'll change my thoughts on this, but definitely on CLE with Wakefield starting.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Winner of tonight's game wins the series. So, no, they're not on the ropes yet, but if they lose tonight they're done. As a Sox fan, I can't say I have much confidence in Wake throwing a good game tonight, but pitching Beckett on 3-days rest makes no sense. Even if Beckett went tonight, Wake would still be the starter for game 5, as they're not pitching Schill without giving him an extra day. Luckily for Boston, Byrd is no Cy Young, so they're more than capable of winning even if Wake struggles.

Something is wrong if Kielty's not in the lineup tonight in place of Drew, who offers nothing. Kielty's 10/30 w/ 4 HR's in his career off Byrd, while Nancy, who's done nothing all year, is 2/10.

With Pedroia struggling, Boston's basically playing with a 4-man lineup (Youk, Ortiz, Manny, Lowell), as after the 5 spot the lineup is embarrassing. Ellsbury replacing worthless Coco Crisp in CF and leading off would be just the spark the team needs, while also providing speed at the top of the order, but Francona doesn't have the balls to do it.

Yeah, I'm worried.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Winner of tonight's game wins the series. So, no, they're not on the ropes yet, but if they lose tonight they're done. As a Sox fan, I can't say I have much confidence in Wake throwing a good game tonight, but pitching Beckett on 3-days rest makes no sense. Even if Beckett went tonight, Wake would still be the starter for game 5, as they're not pitching Schill without giving him an extra day. Luckily for Boston, Byrd is no Cy Young, so they're more than capable of winning even if Wake struggles.

Something is wrong if Kielty's not in the lineup tonight in place of Drew, who offers nothing. Kielty's 10/30 w/ 4 HR's in his career off Byrd, while Nancy, who's done nothing all year, is 2/10.

With Pedroia struggling, Boston's basically playing with a 4-man lineup (Youk, Ortiz, Manny, Lowell), as after the 5 spot the lineup is embarrassing. Ellsbury replacing worthless Coco Crisp in CF and leading off would be just the spark the team needs, while also providing speed at the top of the order, but Francona doesn't have the balls to do it.

Yeah, I'm worried.
    But Wakefield hasn't pitched in 3 weeks...that's why I can't take them, and I actually have $$ on Boston winning this series.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i'm sticking with tribe all the way

against wakefield beckett or whoever they throw

WestsidePete

CLE OVER 5 TEAM RUNS EVEN
    I'm on this one tonite...

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Against Wakefield. is my pick tonight

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

no action 4 me tonight too many variables, weather. pitching. f\*\*k it

mastercapper
    mastercapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I think Cleveland will win tonight because of Wakefield's rust and knuckleballing pitching style.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Wakfield will pitch a gem, just got a feeling.

WestsidePete

FYI

Red Sox slugger Ortiz says he faces offseason surgery
    By Enrique Rojas
    ESPNdeportes.com
    ( CLEVELAND -- David Ortiz almost quit the American League Championship Series between Boston and Cleveland due to an injured knee, the Dominican slugger told ESPNdeportes.com on Monday.

"After Saturday's game, my right knee was so swollen that I feared I wouldn't play again for the rest of the series," Ortiz said before going 1-for-3 as the Red Sox lost 4-2 on Monday to fall into a 2-1 hole in the ALCS.

"I spent Sunday in bed, taking medications. It looked really bad," Ortiz said.

However, Ortiz later backtracked on his comments, telling reporters he was never in danger of missing time in the ALCS.

"No," he said when asked if there was a chance he would miss time in the series, according to The Boston Globe. "Now? No. I've got to go."

Ortiz indicated that he will undergo surgery as soon as the season is over. He has taken a cortisone shot in order to be able to make it through the ALCS, but would rather not face the needle again for the World Series.

"I'm a very traditional man. I'd rather drink some tea than take cortisone," Ortiz joked.

This season has been injury-plagued for Ortiz, who has dealt with back and shoulder problems. Still, he managed to hit .332 with 35 home runs, 52 doubles, 117 RBIs, 116 runs scored and 111 walks.

In the division series against the Los Angeles Angels, he went 5-for-7 with two home runs. He drove in three runs and walked six times to help the Red Sox sweep in three games.

Ortiz has reached base 19 out of 26 times in the postseason and equaled an all-time record by getting on base 10 consecutive times between Game 3 of the division series and Game 2 of the ALCS.

So he's trying to fight through the injury.

"When one has been playing this game for a long time, you learn to deal with pain," Ortiz said. "This is no time for crying. But I really want this season to be over to undergo knee surgery."

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just wish I beat against Wakefield all winter loooooong. It's $$$ in the bank baby!