Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will nine days rest affect the Rockies?

The World Series doesn't start until Wednesday October 24th. Do you think this massive layoff will affect the team?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would have to believe it would actually help them more than hurt them having 9 days rest. Their pitching staff would get the much needed rest, and they can set there rotation accordingly without any problems at all. Not to mention the fact that the coaches can scout the Red Sox and Tribe in order to try and exploit there weaknesses.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

I vote no.the layoff will not hurt them....I think they will stay looser than the Tigers did last year.............witnessing history here in Denver!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I don't think it can help. When you're playing as well as the Rocks are right now, you just want to keep playing.

But as Clint Hurdle said, "Should we have lost a few games so we could keep playing? Get outta here!!"

I think they go to Tuscon for a few days. Get a little rest, get a little work in and hope the ALCS goes seven games and all of the rest of them go extra innings!!

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I don't like that long layoff. As hot as they are I'm sure they would be better off starting tomorrow.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I don't think 8 days of rest is going to kill their mojo. I'm taking the Rockies over both the Indians or Red Sox. What were the odds on the Rockies to win the NL Pennant before the playoffs started? I'm kicking myself for getting on the Rockies so late.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    What were the odds on the Rockies to win the NL Pennant before the playoffs started? I'm kicking myself for getting on the Rockies so late.
    +450

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Sorry Tchocky, I misread that. +450 was for the World Series. They were around +220 to win NL.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

i don't know if it will affect them in the overall series, but i'm betting it affects them in game 1 and i willl bet the AL team in game 1

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea, it will take them the first game to get rolling again. After that, it's all down hill.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think it will effect them.... They could use the break.... It will be interesting to see though