suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exciting news for Blue Jays fans

Blue Jays have signed Cuban shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria to a 4 year, $10M deal... Sweet.

zigomanisinsider
    zigomanisinsider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who is this guy

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

They wont keep him past 2 years

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    They wont keep him past 2 years
    and seeing how he is probably 3-4 years away from being able to play in the Majors, meh,

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post

and seeing how he is probably 3-4 years away from being able to play in the Majors, meh,
    He's 21, and the deal includes an understanding that he'll be getting playing time in the majors sooner rather than later, after attending extended spring training. Worst case scenario, he's a highly sought after commodity that they're getting at a good price and could be used in trades later in the year. It's a great deal for the Jays.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zigomanisinsider View Post
    Who is this guy
    He met with several clubs over the winter about potential contracts including the Yankees. Being the starting shortstop on the Cuban Junior National team means he can play...

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

batting .260 but hopefully he can improve. bringing in an up and comer is great. Look at Carlos Delgado.
    I say it's good news. lets hope he can put on some weight and put up Arod numbers, or at least Jeter numbers!

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

If hes only getting 10 mil for 4 years and the Sox and Yanks passed on him... I'm sure he's not that good.

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Don't know anything about him but the Jays desperately need a shortstop. I don't know how much longer I can watch Johnny Mac bat for the jays. His glove is great but he has to be the worst clutch hitter on the Jays. Mac hits <.230 with 2 outs RISP and <.230 when the game is within 1 run... That's clutch for ya.