canon714
    canon714's Avatar Become A Pro!

Money Line vs Point Spread on MLB

I have been taking a beating on baseball lately. It seems like I lose most games by one run.

So I am going to try this... On bets where I am betting on the underdog I am going to take the 1 1/2 run, and on favorite bets I am going to take the money line.

Comments?

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are going to be paying lots of juice. You really need to look at each game individually to determine whether to take +1.5 or not. Throwing down money blankly on +1.5 (-150) games and heavy favorites will get you nowhere.

Can you give an example of some +1.5 games you were looking at today? I would be careful against high scoring teams. For example if you like the Astros today, go ahead and take them at +125. Don't pay -135 to get them at +1.5.

I actually play sort of the opposite style. I try to restrict my plays to + money only. If a team is -170 at home or greater, I take a serious look at the -1.5 runline to bring that juice down. On the dog plays, I usually just take them straight up to get the best value. I find it very difficult to "spot" games that are worth laying -175 for +1.5. Another example, today the Cubs are +1.5 -200. That is unreasonable and really you should only be making a play on Cubs +110 or Reds -1.5 +170.

Better luck to you sir. Keep your bets low, it is a long season and one week shouldn't make or break you.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

good analysis flight