ertl09
    ertl09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

First Series surprises and disappointments

Name a few things you saw that you liked or didn't like from certain teams.

It hard to track every team so those who have been tracking a certain team or actually watched a lot of games live have a better idea of the games. I hope this thread gets a lot of responses so everyone can learn from the first few games of the season.

ertl09

Surprises

A's - winning their last 3 games againts the M's. Good pitching from the bullpen and bats were decent. Only loss was when felix pitched and that was also a good game. This team may not hit but pitching has always been their strength.

Braves - winning the first 2 games with Hanson on the mound. Hayward looks sharp early and with Wagner closing games out this team looks good. Got guys that can hit for average and power. Middle relievers looked good so far, if they can keep that up this team is dangerous.

Dbacks - won 2 of 3. Strong performances from Haren and Kennedy but Jackson struggle.

Disappointments

Dodgers - Lost 2 of 3 from the Pirates. Padilla got the opening day start? and the offense wasn't strong. Pitching looked weak.

M's - lost 3 of 4 against the A's. Pitching was decent but the offense was terrible. Teams BA was below .200 I believe. The expectation for this team was high but after the first series they looked like crap. Even on D they were bad.

BigTuna
    BigTuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1010

WHITE SOX- Not happy with the end of the bullpen. Jenks is a one or two run inning waiting to happen. It kills me to say this.... but he may keep me from playing them to further notice. Also, line up lacks a lefty power hitter and they think Kotsay will be a 5th hitter? Please.... might as well of kept Swisher. He would get on base more. Teehan (sp?) also lacks power for a corner guy.

sportsfan2009
    Braves Runline -1.5 (+127)
    sportsfan2009's Avatar Become A Pro!

a's : pitching and the bats are awake soo far ... we will see when they play the angels this weekend

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blue Jays
    Could they not be as horribly piss poor awful as some predict? Perhaps when they come back to division play they will start to rev up the suck-o-meter. For now, two wins in Texas is exactly the kind of start this team needs to start proving the critics wrong. They were my biggest plus money win of the week so far at +170 on Wednesday.

Angels
    1-2 against the Twins at home. If they win tonight they split the series 2-2. If they lose and go 1-3, they are starting the Angel-slide that many SBR posters thought would happen.

Pirates
    They earned those two wins with good playing! They could be excellent dogs early in the season.

ertl09

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Blue Jays
    Could they not be as horribly piss poor awful as some predict? Perhaps when they come back to division play they will start to rev up the suck-o-meter. For now, two wins in Texas is exactly the kind of start this team needs to start proving the critics wrong. They were my biggest plus money win of the week so far at +170 on Wednesday.

Angels
    1-2 against the Twins at home. If they win tonight they split the series 2-2. If they lose and go 1-3, they are starting the Angel-slide that many SBR posters thought would happen.

Pirates
    They earned those two wins with good playing! They could be excellent dogs early in the season.

good input. I agree with the Pirates. Besides their pitching this offense isn't that bad. Also remember the jays blew the first game but won today in the 9th, could be 3-0 to start the season.